Bring your own wine policy change!

Freedom55

There is a post on a U.K.board that X has recently changed its policy of allowing 2 bottles of wine per stateroom to be brought on board. They say it was changed as of March and that they are now confiscating all wine. Is anyone aware of this change or is this just another erroneous report?

Just checked X's website under "Packing" - "what not to pack" and it says not to pack personal alcohol with the exception that two bottles of wine are permitted at embarkation. I think that has been the rule for quite some time.

My cruise documents for my sailing 3/14 say the following:

"Guests are not allowed to bring beer or hard liquor onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them at the beginning of a cruise may do so, limited to 2 bottles per stateroom, but when consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar, or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00."

I know Ive read several posts here about people openly bringing 12 packs of beer on board, and I believe more than 2 bottles of wine per cabin. I guess its all luck of the draw and its best not to bring anything expensive enough that you'd get mad if it was confiscated.

I think there was confusion on the other post, someone was prevented from bringing some wine they purchased in a port of call up to their room. It was confiscated but given back to them at the end of their cruise, which is SOP. Nothing to do with bringing two bottles on board when you embark.

I think there was confusion on the other post, someone was prevented from bringing some wine they purchased in a port of call up to their room. It was confiscated but given back to them at the end of their cruise, which is SOP. Nothing to do with bringing two bottles on board when you embark.

No - it was in their luggage

We brought 2 bottles of wine in our roll on...and two in our bag that we checked, with no problems just a couple of weeks ago on Solstice. And for those who have had other questions, our "checked" baggage didn't have a problem with scissors or a corkscrew :)

No - it was in their luggage

Sorry, I was looking at another thread about a thread about the subject:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1157537

Apparently, there's the original thread out there somewhere.

Word from this one apparently is some unknowing security person thought that champagne is liquor, not wine, and confiscated it. Someone else responded about not being able to bring aboard wine they had purchased at a winery they visited while on a shore excursion at a port of call.

The policy under FAQ's:

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/pdf/faq/Cel_Alcohol_Policy_07-30-07.pdf

Guests are not allowed to bring beer or hard liquor onboard for consumption or any other

use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them at the beginning of the

cruise may do so, limited to two (2) bottles per stateroom, but when consumed in any

shipboard restaurant, bar, or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of

$25.00. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of calls or from the onboard shops

will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest's staterooms on the last day of the sailing.

Archived