How do I insert photos in my review?

Delta Dear

Help! How do I get photos in my posts? I just did a long post, thought I'd copied each photo by putting it in an email, then copied and pasted. They all showed in MY post before I hit reply but now all that is there are web addresses I guess back to AOL.

I tried the insert image icon, went to MY PICTURES and the folder they were in, but couldn't figure out what to do next. Nothing seemed to work.

Please tell me what to do. Thanks

Upload them to an online photo album and then copy the url to the photo ( I typically right click on the photo and then copy the properties) paste that in between the following minus the spaces

[ img ] paste it here [/ img ]

Just make sure you delete the spaces between the brackets and code.

Help! How do I get photos in my posts? I just did a long post, thought I'd copied each photo by putting it in an email, then copied and pasted. They all showed in MY post before I hit reply but now all that is there are web addresses I guess back to AOL.

I tried the insert image icon, went to MY PICTURES and the folder they were in, but couldn't figure out what to do next. Nothing seemed to work.

Please tell me what to do. Thanks

I can only advise from experience with the webshots site.

If you don't have an account - sign up and download your pics there.

You can then go to the shot you want to add and select "other sizes" I like large photos so I select 600 box - and then at the bottom of that there is a link to post to a forum (which is here).

Copy that link and paste into the document where you want the pic.

For example, here is my door decoration.

2456217710103584906S600x600Q85.jpg

The easiest way is thumbprints (when Im lazy and dont want to go to photobucket).

Click on go "advanced" then click on manage attachments ... from there, click on browse and upload ... and you can attach them directly out of your computers folders.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=610576

I have this thread saved in my favorites. I think there are several options for you to choose from. It has been 2 long years since I wrote a review and don't even remember how I did it then. Good luck. Been following your review and look forward to seeing your pics.

Webshots never sent me the email to verify my membership. I gave up. I have a Photobucket account. How does that work?

Photobucket works for me. I used "share this image" then click on "get link code" tab at the top. Then, under "IMG for bulletin boards and forums" there are two choices: Full size or

Copy2ofFXCD0041.jpg

Clickable thumbnail-

th_Copy2ofFXCD0041.jpg

It looks like you have the right idea DeltaDear. Not sure why it didn't work. Another tip, I always click "Preview Post" on my cc message to see if it actually did work before submitting my post.

It copies the code, but not the photo. What am I doing wrong? I did what you said, right clicked to paste into reply. Preview; showed the code only.

You need to click the yellow envelope and copy the code in there then hit ok.. the photo should show in the reply box...

Sorry to jack the thread here, but...

Sparkscruiser,

Is that a paper plate for the porthole? What a great idea! Iwanted to do a porthole picture for my kids' room, but I was thinking I'd have to 'shop a porthole graphic onto it.

I can't believe I can't 'get' this. What yellow envelope ? The one above that says ' email link?' I tried that and I still only get the code, no photo. I've previewed each thing I've tried to no avail.

I seem to remember in the past having a problem because my Photobucket account was set to "private" instead of "public." Maybe try that? I wish I could help you more because I'm really looking forward to seeing your pictures :).

Here is what my settings look like:

My album is Public

Guest Password (none)

Images Link Back To Album

Link options

Automatically rotate my images

Allow others to copy my media

Allow others to see image location

This is found by clicking "account settings" at the top of the main page. Once there, you scroll down to where it says "Album Settings" and select Public, no passwords, and putting a check mark in the four boxes (images link back to album, etc.).

I can't believe I can't 'get' this. What yellow envelope ? The one above that says ' email link?' I tried that and I still only get the code, no photo. I've previewed each thing I've tried to no avail.

No, it is the one next to that to the right.. if you hover over it.. it says insert image...

I believe I can help.

1. Log into your PhotoBucket account and upload your pictures there.
  2. Log into Cruise Critic and start your post.
  3. Go back over to PhotoBucket and select the image you want to share with us. Click on "Share".
  4. Select the "Get Link Code" tab.
  5. You probably want the "Direct Link for Layout Pages". Copy that link.
  6. Come back to your Cruise Critic post. Click on the little icon that looks like a yellow postcard/picture of mountain and sun (?). That will open a little dialog box where you paste the code you copied from PhotoBucket. Click on OK. You'll know if you are successful because it will appear in your message as you're writing it.

I've done exactly what I just wrote and this is the result. (This was a photo I took in Seattle on my last trip there. The sepia tone was not intentional but I really love the results.) There are other way to get a photo into your post - this is just one of them. Please let us know if it works. The best way is to actually post a photo.

IMG_0078.jpg

No dialog box opens when I click the 'insert image,' postcard of the mountains. Is there something that should be set in CC that is not? I get a dialog box if I click on the icon to insert a link, nothing if I click on insert email link,nor image.

No dialog box opens when I click the 'insert image,' postcard of the mountains. Is there something that should be set in CC that is not? I get a dialog box if I click on the icon to insert a link, nothing if I click on insert email link,nor image.

I really wish I could help you.. there is no settings that I know of.. when you click reply to thread and the dialog box pops up where you type... the yellow postcard.. envelope whatever you want to call it .. is there and you just click on that and you will get a box that says please enter the URL of your image.. you then paste the code that you have copied from whichever web hosting site you are using.. then click OK.. and your photo should show up in the dialog box.. you must be using a web hosting site such as webshots .. you can not use it if you are copying them from your computer...

Thanks everyone for your help. I don't know what else to try.

On AOL, no dialog box appears, on IE when I click on the yellow, a box appears with a message that says I have to allow scripted windows, which I do. Then the text box appears, but no matter what i highlight from Photobucket to copy,or to paste, the only thing I get is another set of, 'http://" the link will not paste in at all.

Maybe I will find a tech support button on Photobucket that can help. I appreciate all of the attempts you have made. If, and when I ever get it resolved, I may post a photo in every single post I do just to keep it working.

Have a great day !

Thanks everyone for your help. I don't know what else to try.

On AOL, no dialog box appears, on IE when I click on the yellow, a box appears with a message that says I have to allow scripted windows, which I do. Then the text box appears, but no matter what i highlight from Photobucket to copy,or to paste, the only thing I get is another set of, 'http://" the link will not paste in at all.

Maybe I will find a tech support button on Photobucket that can help. I appreciate all of the attempts you have made. If, and when I ever get it resolved, I may post a photo in every single post I do just to keep it working.

Have a great day !

Change browsers to IE or Firefox...

Ms Delta, my computer's firewall was not allowing that pop up box to appear initially. I had to right click on the warning at the top of my screen to allow pop ups with the CC website. Are you getting that warning by any chance? Mine are always yellow and right at the top of the website I'm displaying.

Not sure if that helps. Wish I was closer ... I'd come over and help you out! :D

I am a photographer & many times I have problems loading things on the AOL browser. Maybe try the Mozilla Firefox Browser & see if that works. You can google Mozilla Firefox to get the download, it sounds like AOL is blocking something.

DD, it's really easy and maybe it would be easier for you if someone talked you through this over the phone. I';d be happy to walk you through this on PhotoBucket. If you want to arrange a phone consult, email me at wrothe at sprucegrove.org and I'll have you up and running in no time.

Archived