Internet on Island Princess?

bzv143

Going on Island Princess at the end of this year. How many computers are in the Internet area on Island, and is there wireless available on board (like on the Sapphire Princess)???? Should I bring my laptop? :confused:

Thanks! Barbara

Going on Island Princess at the end of this year. How many computers are in the Internet area on Island, and is there wireless available on board (like on the Sapphire Princess)???? Should I bring my laptop? :confused:

Thanks! Barbara

Hi Barbara!

We were on the Coral (sister to the Island) in December and there were 2 separate areas of the Internet Cafe. They are on the Emerald Deck (overlooking the main atrium) on either side of the elevators. Each side has 5-6 PCs (one or two were usually down). The cost was 35 cents per minute - be prepared, it is slow! I believe wireless access was available, but I think there was a minimum amount of minutes you had to buy. I do not know what the cost was.

Unless there is a real reason to lug your laptop, my advice is don't. My girlfriend could always grab a PC to send a quick e-mail on our cruise.

Thanks for asking this... we are looking at the holiday cruise at the end of the year. 2 weeks away and I would definitely need my laptop. Both to burn photos to cd and to tease the rest of my family & friends. Do they offer service in the cabins... even with a cable?

On the Coral a few weeks ago, 2 or 3 PC's were down at anyone time in the cafe. Then another 3 or so had balky card readers. Very annoying. Wireless access was good except for the fact that if you wanted to do extended sessons you had to log off, buy a new "coupon" and then log back in. According to Chris (Lifeiscruising) the wireless situation will improve where you can stay on for extended periods of time.

just got off the IP last week, the internet was down quite often we did bring our laptop and it was great for downloading our pics daily. As long as your lap top is set up to do wireless all you need is their access card it runs abour 10.95 per half hour breaks out to the same as .35 on their computers.

Archived