Flowrider lessons/ Private time

Has anyone booked the private lessons on port days during the afternoon? The RCCL website is showing only evening times available to reserve. On past cruises, we have reserved private times in the afternoons and just wondered if this was a change on the Oasis. Also, on the Liberty of the Seas, the group size was limited to 8. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

I did a private lesson at 6:30 PM. I am pretty sure they only offered them in the evenings. I booked it ahead of time, but they were pushing them pretty hard over the intercom near the Flowriders. The max is still 8, but there were only four people in my group. We got a lot of time on it and I was pretty beat up by the end. I thought about signing up for another one actually.

The times in the morning are open to everyone for free. So I don't think there are any prefered times. If you are an advanced surfer there is an hour of time very early each morning that you could attend other than that I don't know of any prefered times and I don't think that's a prefered time.

We signed up for 6:30 lessons also. (apr 24th sailing) I've read on some other flowrider posts that when you book a private lesson, you also get some preferred flowrider times in the mornings, anyone know if this is true?

Aside from your one hour lesson, there are no other preferred times for booking a private lesson.

• 4 weeks later...
The times in the morning are open to everyone for free. So I don't think there are any prefered times. If you are an advanced surfer there is an hour of time very early each morning that you could attend other than that I don't know of any prefered times and I don't think that's a prefered time.
bwest, you seem to love Flow Rider as much as we do. Question: For the "advanced surfing", I'm wondering if it is still the same as it was on Liberty in June '08? Back then, it was around 8:15am - 9 and you could ride as long as you could get started on your own, not needing a safety coach. When we would go at that time, we had the opportunity to ride with a lot of the ship's crew members and coaches. Is it still like that?

bwest, you seem to love Flow Rider as much as we do. Question: For the "advanced surfing", I'm wondering if it is still the same as it was on Liberty in June '08? Back then, it was around 8:15am - 9 and you could ride as long as you could get started on your own, not needing a safety coach. When we would go at that time, we had the opportunity to ride with a lot of the ship's crew members and coaches. Is it still like that?

That's what I was referring to that I heard other people talking about. It was the early morning times when more "skilled" people were using the flowrider. Hopefully those lessons will get me up on the board quick!

That's what I was referring to that I heard other people talking about. It was the early morning times when more "skilled" people were using the flowrider. Hopefully those lessons will get me up on the board quick!
But I think those morning times are open to anyone, not just those taking lessons. I'm not sure though, because when we went on Liberty, there was no such thing as a lesson.

You will have a blast!

The morning advanced time is 1 hour from 8-9. This is for any surfer who can get in the wave by themselves. There are two people their just watching and giving advice on new tricks. You do not have to have a lesson to do this because I have never had one and do it every day.

The morning advanced time is 1 hour from 8-9. This is for any surfer who can get in the wave by themselves. There are two people their just watching and giving advice on new tricks. You do not have to have a lesson to do this because I have never had one and do it every day.

bwest - I can see from your pic you've got some experience. How hard was it to get up and stay up? I've water skied, boogie boarded, body surfed, among other things, but never surfed.

bwest - I can see from your pic you've got some experience. How hard was it to get up and stay up? I've water skied, boogie boarded, body surfed, among other things, but never surfed.
Have you skate-, wake- or snowboarded? Anything where you use a heel-to-toe edge? If so, you'll have an advantage. This is how you steer the board from side to side. You'll go "up" and "down" the wave by applying more or less pressure to your front foot. It's not exactly like surfing - feels a bit different to me. But tons of fun!

Has anyone booked the private lessons on port days during the afternoon? The RCCL website is showing only evening times available to reserve. On past cruises, we have reserved private times in the afternoons and just wondered if this was a change on the Oasis. Also, on the Liberty of the Seas, the group size was limited to 8. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

We are booked for 11:15am on a port day to do flowrider, so you can book during the day and not just at night. I originally saw it there, planned for doing that, then when I went back to book it was gone, and only the night slots showed. You have to play with the system, look at calendar view, etc, for the earlier time slot to show. I think there was also a 9 or 10am slot also. We havent been on Freedom class or ever seen the Flowrider so we are really looking forward to it!!

Archived