Transportation Ft. Lauderdale ot POM 8 adults HELP!

vijoge

Some friends of mine are flying into FTL a day prior to their cruise, which leaves out of POM. They are eight women and will probably each have two suitcases.

They need transportation as follows:

FTL (airport) to hotel in Fort Lauderdale or Miami

Transportation from FTL Hotel to POM

Transportation from POM to FTL Airport

I am trying to find the best option for them with regards to both convenience, cost, and reliability.

They haven't made a hotel reservation as yet and are open to staying in either city.

I'm looking for options/ideas from anyone who had done this or who lives in the area and is familiar with transportation options in the area.

Hotels are usually cheaper near FLL than in downtown Miami - there are many threads on these boards with hotel suggestions. Find a hotle offering free airport shuttle service to keep things simple.

Check out SAS (www.ridesas.com) for shuttle service. Cost is usually $15 or so per person from FLL to POM, but your frineds may get a small discount because of the size of their group. There are other shuttle operators - Google is your friend - so shop around!:D Taxi's from FLL to POM will cost $85+ and your group would need 2-3 with bags, so a shuttle is your best option. SAS or other shuttle operators can also transport your group back to FLL after the cruise.

Good luck!:)

We just returned from our cruise out of Miami. Here is what we did in a very similar scenario to yours.

We flew into FLL and stayed at the LaQuinta Airport. The hotel is clean and nice and has a good free breakfast. They also have a 24 hour free shuttle from the airport. Worked great.

The next morning we had SAS (the poster before me gave their website) pick the four of us up at the hotel. They were RIGHT on time (we had agreed to 10:00) and had us to the Port of Miami before 11:00. It cost $13 per person. We tipped, of course, too.

When we got off the ship, we collected our luggage and called SAS. They were there within 10-15 minutes at the curb.

I would do this same system without ANY change if I were cruising out of Miami in the future.

I just reserved a 24hour car rental from Miami Airport..to be returned to FLL. The cost of the rental for a 5 passenger vehicle is $47 including all the charges they put on top of it.. $ is the rental agency, and I booked online. My husband will be in charge of returning the rental to Ft. Lauderdale airport the night before we cruise, and he will take the free shuttle back to the hotel. Then, we have the option of either hopping a cab to take us the 3 miles to the cruise port, or the shuttle service provided by the hotel. .. We're staying at the Hyatt Place North for $89 a nite. Because of what I've saved on the 'going in' end, I think I'm going to just book 1 way transport back to the airport thru Carnival at the $30 per person...

Hotels are usually cheaper near FLL than in downtown Miami - there are many threads on these boards with hotel suggestions. Find a hotle offering free airport shuttle service to keep things simple.

Check out SAS (www.ridesas.com) for shuttle service. Cost is usually $15 or so per person from FLL to POM, but your frineds may get a small discount because of the size of their group. . . . .. SAS or other shuttle operators can also transport your group back to FLL after the cruise.

Good luck!:)

We just returned from our cruise out of Miami. Here is what we did in a very similar scenario to yours.

We flew into FLL and stayed at the LaQuinta Airport. The hotel is clean and nice and has a good free breakfast. They also have a 24 hour free shuttle from the airport. Worked great.

The next morning we had SAS (the poster before me gave their website) pick the four of us up at the hotel. They were RIGHT on time (we had agreed to 10:00) and had us to the Port of Miami before 11:00. It cost $13 per person. We tipped, of course, too.

When we got off the ship, we collected our luggage and called SAS. They were there within 10-15 minutes at the curb.

I would do this same system without ANY change if I were cruising out of Miami in the future.

Thank you both for the helpful information. :) I think we now have a game plan that will work. It's pretty much as I figured but this is a first cruise for this entire group and I'm trying to help them keep things as simple as possible and make sure nothing gets messed up.

This sounds awesome - I am booking the same thing for our group of four right now. La Quinta also offers a fantastic government rate - my sister is military - which made the rate lower than what I could get on Priceline for that date.

Thanks for sharing your strategy~! Hopefully it will work well for us too!!

• 1 month later...

we are trying to figure out the most strategic way to best suite our needs... we are booked on Carnival Liberty October 9.. out of Miami but flying into FLL October 8. ( much cheaper rates to fly into FLL than Miami) Which La Quinta did you all book .. Miami or Fort Lauderdale? I am guessing the La Quinta in FLL since SAS transportation remarks to be from hotel to POM.

Great suggestions on La Quinta.. we have usually always stayed at Holiday Inn Express in Miami but checking out new hotels... THX!!

we are trying to figure out the most strategic way to best suite our needs... we are booked on Carnival Liberty October 9.. out of Miami but flying into FLL October 8. ( much cheaper rates to fly into FLL than Miami) Which La Quinta did you all book .. Miami or Fort Lauderdale? I am guessing the La Quinta in FLL since SAS transportation remarks to be from hotel to POM.

The LQ near FLL is MUCH nicer than the one near MIA!:eek:

Archived