blue lagoon in nassau

Has anyone gone to Blue Lagoon in Nassau while on the Oasis? I'm just wondering if there was enough time to enjoy it or if it was too rushed because I believe the last ferry back to the port is between 4 or 5?

I'm having such a hard time deciding what to do in Nasseu because of the timing that you're at port.

Has anyone gone to Blue Lagoon in Nassau while on the Oasis? I'm just wondering if there was enough time to enjoy it or if it was too rushed because I believe the last ferry back to the port is between 4 or 5?

I'm having such a hard time deciding what to do in Nasseu because of the timing that you're at port.

A review was posted just today...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1158156

thanks, I think it sounds great and I definetly want to do it, its just the timing that I'm worried about. I think for most of the reviews I've read, people have been on other ships so they've been able to spend all day there, heading out there in the am. I was hoping to hear from someone who has been on the Oasis and done it, to see how it worked with us only being at port from 1 until 7. I'm just worried that by the time it takes us to get there, we'd have to turn around and come right back?

thanks, I think it sounds great and I definetly want to do it, its just the timing that I'm worried about. I think for most of the reviews I've read, people have been on other ships so they've been able to spend all day there, heading out there in the am. I was hoping to hear from someone who has been on the Oasis and done it, to see how it worked with us only being at port from 1 until 7. I'm just worried that by the time it takes us to get there, we'd have to turn around and come right back?

The shore excursion for the other cruise line is 4.5 hours. The ones for RCCL are approximately the same length of time.

I am taking my kids to Blue Lagoon for the Sea Lion Encounter off the Oasis in two weeks. The excursion starts at 3 which leads me to believe they will be open late, probably for Oasis. I dont know when you are thinking of going but I will post when we get back.

nydoll1.......we too are going to the Sea Lion encounter on the Oasis in two weeks. My only concern is getting back to the ship in time. The excursion starts at 3:00 and it says it's 3 1/2 - 4 hours long. That brings you right up to 7:00, which is when the ship is supposed to leave.

I had the same reaction and called, twice! Here is what the RC person told me on the phone. First, if it is a RC excursion it has to get you back on time, no ifs ands or buts. They wont leave without you. I mentioned hearing about a family left at Atlantis that was in the paper -- dont think that was RC -- and she said that would only happen if it was not a RC excursion. She also said that the times are not exact, and gave me some mumbo jumbo about ship time vs. island time. Didnt really make a lot of sense so I called back a week later and got someone else. They basically said the same thing. That if its a Royal C. excursion that the times are all correct and we will make it. When are you going? We are on the March 27 cruise.

One of the advantages of taking a ship sponsored excursion is that the ship will wait for you if your excursion runs a bit late. ;)

If you are on a private tour and your excursion runs late, you're outta luck. It will be up to you to get to the next port at your own expense. :eek:

I had the same reaction and called, twice! Here is what the RC person told me on the phone. First, if it is a RC excursion it has to get you back on time, no ifs ands or buts. They wont leave without you. I mentioned hearing about a family left at Atlantis that was in the paper -- dont think that was RC -- and she said that would only happen if it was not a RC excursion. She also said that the times are not exact, and gave me some mumbo jumbo about ship time vs. island time. Didnt really make a lot of sense so I called back a week later and got someone else. They basically said the same thing. That if its a Royal C. excursion that the times are all correct and we will make it. When are you going? We are on the March 27 cruise.

We'll be on the March 20th cruise.

Also on the 3/27 cruise :). I called Blue Lagoon directly and learned the beach closes at 4 (or5) - so not worth going on our own since by the time we got there we would have to take the last ferry back to the ship. Doing it thru a RC excursion- they ferry you back at 6:30 after your encounter. We are bummed at the timing since it would have been nice to buy a beach day and enjoy .

Also on the 3/27 cruise :). I called Blue Lagoon directly and learned the beach closes at 4 (or5) - so not worth going on our own since by the time we got there we would have to take the last ferry back to the ship. Doing it thru a RC excursion- they ferry you back at 6:30 after your encounter. We are bummed at the timing since it would have been nice to buy a beach day and enjoy .

We are also on the 3/27 and from the Twin Cities-when are you flying out of MSP?

my husband and i did the blue lagoon about 10 years ago through carnival and loved it. we're considering booking it ourselves when our family goes in may. i wondered how much extra snorkeling costs once you get there. we aren't doing the dolphin swim. when we booked through carnival years ago, snorkeling was included...

All: RC just switched day in Nassau and now there in the am. No idea how this affects the Blue Lagoon excursion but I called RC and they said it would be switched to the new day (although couldnt give me a 100% guarantee) Nothing like a little excitement two weeks before the big day!

All: RC just switched day in Nassau and now there in the am. No idea how this affects the Blue Lagoon excursion but I called RC and they said it would be switched to the new day (although couldnt give me a 100% guarantee) Nothing like a little excitement two weeks before the big day!

What is interesting with that is - Blue Lagoon is supposedly closed on Sundays. ??

Archived