Dry dock for Radiance OTS..dry dock?

Does anyone know if Radiance is due for dry dock? How is she holding up and looking?

Thanks,

Dean

She is scheduled for Dry dock in March of 2013.

She is currently having the whole internal plumbing system replaced with PVC and that project is scheduled to be completed before September.

Otherwise, for a ship that will be celebrating her 10th birthday on March 10, 2010.......she is looking mighty fine.

.......she is looking mighty fine.
She might "look" okay...but it sure sounds like she doesn't SMELL okay ??

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1106679

I've been on enough cruises to know that self contained plumbing systems can be tricky.... and have learned to expect a few odd whifs here and there. But, what is going on on the Radiance right now is very real. And, if I were booking a cruise today I would probably avoid this ship.

She might "look" okay...but it sure sounds like she doesn't SMELL okay ??

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1106679

I've been on enough cruises to know that self contained plumbing systems can be tricky.... and have learned to expect a few odd whifs here and there. But, what is going on on the Radiance right now is very real. And, if I were booking a cruise today I would probably avoid this ship.

Have cruised on Radiance 12 times since 2004, several times our sailings have been 29 days.......the occasional whiff or the brown water has never interfered with our cruise.:D

The thread that you included in your post is from December 20th. The amount of plumbing complaints has actually decreased since that thread was started, so I think the ongoing repair project is taking care of the problem.

Here is the latest DryDock schedule for the RCCL ships.

Click on this link and it will take you to the thread here on page one.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=23470769#post23470769

Hi Pat.......check out my post #2.:D

Got the info from the link you provided, which I have subscribed to.

Hi Pat.......check out my post #2.:D

Got the info from the link you provided, which I have subscribed to.

First, thanks for doing that. ;)

Every chance I get, I pull up the updated list so that others do not bring up outdated ones. (Such as was in my link, Post 9)

That is why I posted the whole list in this thread for people to see.

First, thanks for doing that. ;)

Every chance I get, I pull up the updated list so that others do not bring up outdated ones. (Such as was in my link)

That is why I posted the whole list in this thread for people to see.

You're welcome.

You keep track of the list that Albert Ross posted and it is more accurate than others I have seen. Thanks for doing that.

You're welcome.

You keep track of the list that Albert Ross posted and it is more accurate than others I have seen. Thanks for doing that.

Albert sends me the list to post every year, or whenever there is a new one. I am the keeper of the DryDock schedules.

I don't even know how I got this?

That is why I am so protective of them when I see old ones being posted and I can't delete them. :rolleyes: :D

I think I have been keeping it about 3 plus years? I don't even know anymore?

• 1 month later...

I was on the March 12 Radiance cruise and almost made it the whole cruise without the brown water. About 7 or 8 days into it, I got the brown water. I was in JS1068. That gives me a perfect record of brown water on every Radiance cruise. :rolleyes: :eek:

I just keep going back for more. If you cancel your cruise because of it, that's alright. It will make the price lower for those of us who love this ship and crew. ;) I've got her booked a few more times right now.

By the way, I've never smelled a sewage smell on Radiance but I've gotten a wiff of it walking down the halls of other ships. What can you expect right outside of someone's cabin? That smell isn't likely coming from the pipes. :D

Gina

Archived