"Local" Restuarant/Bar Near Port

phl2azo

Can anyone tell me if there is a bar or restuarant near the cruise port that is more of a "local" kind of place. I have no desire to go to Margaritaville or Hard Rock. I want something more true to the island spirit. Any ideas?

Great thanks in advance! Less than two weeks to go now!!! :)

Can anyone tell me if there is a bar or restuarant near the cruise port that is more of a "local" kind of place. I have no desire to go to Margaritaville or Hard Rock. I want something more true to the island spirit. Any ideas?

Great thanks in advance! Less than two weeks to go now!!! :)

See this thread for some sugggestions:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1155453

ask a cabbie to take you to My Bar .. 1 mile out of town (I walk it)

it is at Sunset House

many cabbies spend their off duty time there playing dominos

don't enter the game . . . . just watch . . trust me

Capt-BJ is right about the dominos. Never knew it could be considered a contact sport!!!

I saw a banner up advertising a new downtown location for Champion House II. It is in McClendon Square - the blue building next to the clock tower on Fort Street in George Town. Champion House II has long been an island favorite. It is definitely worth checking out at this more convenient location!

One of my other local favorite suggestions in central George Town is Coritas Copper Kettle on Edward Street. They serve up island favorites and a great breakfast too for anyone getting an early start before most of George Town opens up.

Is My bar near,or on a beach?

On the water, yes.

On a beach, no. Near a beach, no.

My Bar is at the Sunset House Hotel on South Church Street, about a mile south of downtown George Town. The shoreline is rough ironshore.

It is a popular spot with scuba divers and snorkelers. There is easy access over concrete paths to ladders to access the water.

If you really want the feel of sand between your toes then it may not be what you are looking for.

Archived