Help with Barbados???

Tam0118

I know this question is asked alot....but why not again??? My DH, DDs (9 and 11), and I will be in Barbados in April. Not really into snorkeling, but we do like visiting the beaches, otherwise we're open. Any good ideas?

I know this question is asked alot....but why not again??? My DH, DDs (9 and 11), and I will be in Barbados in April. Not really into snorkeling, but we do like visiting the beaches, otherwise we're open. Any good ideas?

Hi -

I highly recommend the Boatyard for a close beach with plenty of activities. $10pp includes chairs/umbrella and transportation back to the cruise ship. There is a water trampoline, iceberg, swing rope - good music. This is a great place to spend the day.

Folkestone Park, has shore line, sort or beachish, park and a very old I think 1645 church/graveyard you can visit. You can take the city bus there, walk along the shore, tons of cute little crabs crawling on the rocks, and when you are done walking go back to the road that floows the shore, wait for the bus and take it back. I believe that off shore of Folkestone is a Marine Preserve, the snorkeling we have done there is wonderful, saw a sea snake one time.

I believe that off shore of Folkestone is a Marine Preserve,

the snorkeling we have done there is wonderful,

saw a sea snake one time.

You probably saw a Gold-spotted Eel ...? :confused:

(see attachment below)

-the most harmless little eel often mistaken for a snake,underwater.

I've even picked them up, if handled gently enough

Sorry to disappoint, but this is a frequent ID mistake ppl make.

They do look snake-like, though!

However there are no species of sea-snake anywhere in the Atlantic Ocean.

1087587578_GoldSpotted-eel-3.jpg.72887ee73ccca53a0acc556d2614d2b3.jpg

Our family booked a tour with Scenic Barbados Tours (DSs were aged 10, 14 & 17). This included Harrison's Cave, Bathsheba, St. John's Parish Church and Accra/Rockley Beach. If you are interested in seeing photos and video clips of our excursion, check out the details and link to our YouTube video below:

Carnival Victory—Our Day in Barbados with Scenic Barbados Tours, July 8, 2009

Our third port stop took us to the beautiful Island of Barbados. With Andy from Scenic Barbados Tours as our guide, we visited such sites as Harrison's Cave, Bathsheba (located on the rugged east coast side of the island), St. John's Parish Church and Accra/Rockley Beach. Length 4:06

You probably saw a Gold-spotted Eel ...? :confused:

(see attachment below)

-the most harmless little eel often mistaken for a snake,underwater.

I've even picked them up, if handled gently enough

Sorry to disappoint, but this is a frequent ID mistake ppl make.

They do look snake-like, though!

However there are no species of sea-snake anywhere in the Atlantic Ocean.

You are probably right, who knows, it was cool to see it swimming thru the water, or course I had a camera with but didn't remember to snap a photo. I was surprised at how big/long it was. Probably 3-4 feet.

Hi -

I highly recommend the Boatyard for a close beach with plenty of activities. $10pp includes chairs/umbrella and transportation back to the cruise ship. There is a water trampoline, iceberg, swing rope - good music. This is a great place to spend the day.

I was thinking about going to the Boatyard on my cruise in May. I saw on a few sites that the Boatyard offers parasailing and jet ski rentals. Do you know if these are available?

Our family booked a tour with Scenic Barbados Tours (DSs were aged 10, 14 & 17). This included Harrison's Cave, Bathsheba, St. John's Parish Church and Accra/Rockley Beach. If you are interested in seeing photos and video clips of our excursion, check out the details and link to our YouTube video below:

Carnival Victory—Our Day in Barbados with Scenic Barbados Tours, July 8, 2009

Our third port stop took us to the beautiful Island of Barbados. With Andy from Scenic Barbados Tours as our guide, we visited such sites as Harrison's Cave, Bathsheba (located on the rugged east coast side of the island), St. John's Parish Church and Accra/Rockley Beach. Length 4:06

How did you book with Scenic? I've emailed them but they haven't replied? Thanks

How did you book with Scenic? I've emailed them but they haven't replied? Thanks

Is this the email address you used?

info@scenicbarbadostours.net

We booked with Scenic Barbados Tours via email. From our experience he responded back to our inquiries anywhere from 24 hours to 5 days. So if you haven't heard back from him after 5 days, it wouldn't hurt to email him again.

We just spent a week in Barbados and had the best time ever! These are a few of the highlights

• Bathsheba/Cattlewash - couldn't swim but the beach was so beautiful. It's on the east coast so it's a bit of a drive...but not super far.
  • Harrison's Cave
  • Little Bay - no swimming but amazing place to see.
  • Animal Flower Caves - didn't pay to go in, just walked around the top
  • St John's Parrish - beautiful church and amazing view
  • Brown's Beach was very nice...we also did a beach up by Sandy Lane which was nice too.
  • Earthworks Pottery - great place to get some amazing pottery. But you can also buy it at Cave Shepard - just not as many choices.
  • Hunte's Gardens - was the best thing we did. The gardens were so beautiful. We had rum punch and lemonade. I loved it there. The website is down for Hunte's Gardens - but you can read about it on tripadvisor.

Oh...and stop at a rum shop and get a cheese cutter. It was something we did every day....they were delicious!

And Speightstown was fun to walk around...cute little shops and some great places to eat!

Oh...and stop at a rum shop and get a cheese cutter. It was something we did every day....they were delicious!

And Speightstown was fun to walk around...cute little shops and some great places to eat!

Do you remember the names of any places in particular? I want to try real, local food each place we go. We'll be there in June.

We ate at Cassareep and it was really good....right on the sea:

http://www.cassareep.net/

Great chicken roti and carrot cake - and very reasonably priced!

Funny you should mention Cassareep

(a S.American food preservative ingredient, vital to the making of a good Pepperpot)

becoz 3 of us had a nitetime snack there about a month ago

and I took a few dodgy pics. :o

We wanted just a nibble, so we had the Hummus with Pita bread..

DSCN0365.jpg.6b40da5b0ef9349402b41b40985e176d.jpg

DSCN0366.jpg.4eb0b1cb053cf013c64b0d1515a34b0d.jpg

DSCN0367.jpg.d9c6a4e8e8e259f353c8405c2ac5dec1.jpg

DSCN0368.jpg.b91709c2ada303af17f0fd0a3a34fcac.jpg

DSCN0369.jpg.ab104e1cf73235b356d64f7fc38679bd.jpg

Funny you should mention Cassareep

(a S.American food preservative ingredient, vital to the making of a good Pepperpot)

becoz 3 of us had a nitetime snack there about a month ago

and I took a few dodgy pics. :o

We wanted just a nibble, so we had the Hummus with Pita bread..

APLMAC: I think you said in another post somewhere that you live in Barbados? What are the best things to do & see there? Not touristy stuff, but cool, local flavor!

APLMAC:

I think you said in another post somewhere that you live in Barbados? ===> Maybe.. :D

What are the best things to do & see there?

Not touristy stuff, but cool, local flavor!

Wife and I just walked Welchman Hall Gully, last Sunday!

2987.jpg

We just got back from Barbados on March 28th and took a private tour with Stephen “Mr. Cox” Clarke. We found him outside of the cruise building. Anyway, here's a brief description of what we did:

- Medford Mahogany Creations - Private tour with the owner / artist Reggie Medford. AWESOME

- Andromeda Gardens - You have to pay the admission fee.

- Drive thru forest

- Saw the "Black belly" sheep

- Bathsheba Rocks - This was AWESOME!! The beach was beautiful!!

- Christ Church Parish

- The Lion at the Military base

- Drove by the Governor's Mansion

- The Eric Holder, Jr. School

- Several other beaches including Accura Beach

There were so many sites and information that I can't remember it all. Anyway, Stephen indicated that I could provide his number and he will work with you. He loves to do private tours. His cell number is 216-233-0560.

Good luck. I LOVED Barbados and can't wait to return again!!

Archived