Affixing luggage tags?

rjan67

We are down to getting on our luggage tags!! Woohoo!!:D

But....not exactly sure how to put them on my bag. Do you just tape them on or can you put a hole in them and loop them through the handle with a rubber band? Not sure??

Thanks!

Just print them, fold them, and wrap around the handle. Tape/staple in place.

I also cover in the clear packing tape, but only because I print on a jet ink printer and while unloading the car one time when it had been raining, I looked and water had dripped onto my tags and had just melted the printing. Other than that, just the paper had worked the other times.

No need to go out of your way for anything special.

DITTO here!!!

I print them, tri-fold them, staple them, and cover them with a strip of packing tape... But I don't have to fly with them.

Twice I forgot to affix them before they went into the van, and all I had was the stapler when we arrived at the port, and the tri-folding and three staples held them fine!!!

And also -- once they changed my cabin number and I used the generic tags the porters had at the pier and I've been lucky and have had the suitcases delivered right on time!!!!

Pretty much what most people are saying - tri fold them, clear packing tape on both sides, hole punch and zip ties through the holes, then a final stapling for good measure. When I'm done, those babies aren't coming off!:D

Just a note, though. If you're flying, don't put them on until you've landed and collected your luggage from the plane. That way, the airline won't accidently (or intentionally) rip them off. And yes, that means I bring along a stapler, but they make them so small these days that it's not a big deal. I'm one of those better safe than sorry people!:rolleyes:

We are down to getting on our luggage tags!! Woohoo!!:D

But....not exactly sure how to put them on my bag. Do you just tape them on or can you put a hole in them and loop them through the handle with a rubber band? Not sure??

Thanks!

I do punch hole and use rubberbands to attach, AFTER I cover them in tape. Last time I cut "sheet protectors" and used them and they worked great!

Sue

I prefer to laminate and then attach with thick rubber bands.

Another tip given to me once from a stewardess was to use your business card for your id tag on your luggage. Apparently there was a case of a crime ring in Chicago where these guys would secretly take down home information off of people's tags (while his buddy distracted the traveller) and would then have the leisure of robbing the victim's home once their plane had departed.

Archived