???? Please help on Southern Caribbean - Which would you choose?

lmmn

We are trying to decide on a Southern Caribbean cruise for 2006. These are the two itineraries we're looking at. We will have been on the Serenade & Adventure and are looking for something new. Which one would you recommend and why?

Golden Princess

San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Grenada, La Guaira Venezuela, Aruba, San Juan

Celebrity Constellation

San Juan, St. Martin, Roseau Dominica, St. Lucia, Isla de Margarita Venezuela, Aruba, San Juan

I would pick Golden. First, because of the ship. It was our best cruise experience. The service and food were excellent. Secondly, I like the islands better. Hopefully, Grenada will be close to being repaired. Venezuela is the only iffy island I see on the itinerary and it's on both of your options. St. Thomas, St. Kitts and Aruba are great for snorkeling or beach fun.

Thank you for your responses. We will be going on the Adventure of the Seas in a couple days....which I cannot wait!!! We like to plan for the next years trip while we're all together, and if we decide on RCCL or Celebrity we will book onboard. I looked at the itinerary for the Empress of the Seas....which looks great! I wish I could get away for 11 days!!!! Seven days is pushing it for me, since my hubby will be home with the kids.

Would choose the latter...Isle de Margerita, Dominica and San Juan are my favorite ports anyway....Constant rainbows and beautiful rainforest in Dominica...loved the Bacardi factory tour in San Juan and old San Juan...Margerita is just charming cause it seems tso undeveloped and non touristy..

Aruba is awesome also for the Natural Bridge and the "moonscape" type landscape..

Would like to have spent more time in Ste Maarten..liked the street vendors on the French side....

Plus X is an awesome line!

We are considering the Empress of the Seas for next February. It has a great itinerary. I am a bit worried about the reviews. The size of the ship doesn't bother me , just some of the comments I've read.

While on the Explorer 1/2/05 sailing, we booked the 2/13/06 sailing on the Empress. The itinerary looks wonderful! The size won't bother us either as we have also sailed on the Monarch. ( the Brilliance is my favorite ) I like reading the comments from others who have already sailed on the Empress (for advice), but I'm looking forward to forming my own opinion. :)

Archived