Should we look at changing our cabin?

wobblybob74

Afternoon all,

We're booked on the Grand for the 05 June sailing from Southampton and have been allocated stateroom P239 on Plaza Deck. From what I can gather from the deckplans on the Princess website (http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/ap/deck_plans/index.html), this stateroom is quite near the front of the ship and also quite low down. Will this give us any problems on the old seasickness front? I know that, on the face of it, our stateroom seems to be ideally situated for passenger services, and Michaelangelo Dining Room (we are on anytime dining) so is it worth sticking with what we've got or should we see if we can change to a more stable location?

Thanks, as always, in advance.

Rob & Sue

Afternoon all,

We're booked on the Grand for the 05 June sailing from Southampton and have been allocated stateroom P239 on Plaza Deck. From what I can gather from the deckplans on the Princess website (http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/ap/deck_plans/index.html), this stateroom is quite near the front of the ship and also quite low down. Will this give us any problems on the old seasickness front? I know that, on the face of it, our stateroom seems to be ideally situated for passenger services, and Michaelangelo Dining Room (we are on anytime dining) so is it worth sticking with what we've got or should we see if we can change to a more stable location?

Thanks, as always, in advance.

Rob & Sue

We have had cabins in this area before and no issues.

My son had a cabin in that area and he loved it, great location to the Piazza and no noise. He said the movement was no different then other locations he had.

Movement is all relative... this is not like a speedboat or a JetSki bucking in the waves. So, if there is "more movement" towards the front, it's not as if you will be holding onto the bedsheets to keep from rolling off at night...

SirWired

Usually not a problem....have had several cabins on Plaza deck and love the location

Movement is all relative... this is not like a speedboat or a JetSki bucking in the waves. So, if there is "more movement" towards the front, it's not as if you will be holding onto the bedsheets to keep from rolling off at night...

SirWired

There have been just a few times that I have been "tossed" out of bed due to really rough seas, but that is the exception and it wasn't on Plaza deck...it was on one of the highest passenger decks :eek:

You'll actually feel less movement on Plaza Deck than in a cabin in the same location on an upper deck. Movement is magnified the higher you go.

/Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

We just returned from the Golden last week. It was quite rough seas crossing the Pacific, and many passengers and crew were sick. We were in cabin P315, and while there was a lot of noise - creaks and groans - as the ship felt the stress of the Pacific, we were never sick. The location was wonderful. It is very handy for doing laundry. Passengers on the higher (and more expensive) decks were complaining the loudest. ;)

I have had cabins on Plaza deck several times and love them. They're ideally located off the Piazza, and very little noise/traffic. I agree with the other posters - the lower you go, the less movement you will feel. Although, if you have a window on Plaza and there's rough seas, you may see some wave action very closely!

Archived