Celebrity Century - which cabins have been refurbished?

jwright98

I was on a booking site and it looked like maybe the conceige cabins have the latest decor, whereas the regular veranda cabins have not. Just wanted to confirm. We tend to like "new" so it could make a difference.

Hi Jwright !

All of Century's cabins were upgraded as part of a ship revitilization a few years ago. It's possible the website you were viewing, has not updated their photos. I would not worry about it. Enjoy your Cruise !

I was told that the Century is going into dry dock from April 26 to May 3. I don't know what upgrades will be done, but since I'm booked on it for September, I'm hoping there's a noticeable difference. Last on Century in 2008 and it needed some work, although I just read a recent review this evening and they said they loved it. Has anyone heard what will be done on the Century?

I was told that the Century is going into dry dock from April 26 to May 3. I don't know what upgrades will be done, but since I'm booked on it for September, I'm hoping there's a noticeable difference. Last on Century in 2008 and it needed some work, although I just read a recent review this evening and they said they loved it. Has anyone heard what will be done on the Century?

Hi Meena:) that is one week...did Celebrity tell you Century was going

into Drydock? Because she is not showing an itinerary for that timeframe,

it may mean she is being chartered.

The only ship that has been announced for a drydock is Constellation

and she is being changed for her "Solstilization".

Anyway, I was on Century prior to your 2008 sailing and thought

she was fine:)...guess we all have different tastes.

I believe that they all have? :confused: I sure hope so, I booked the veranda and leave on Thursday. Hopefully someone knows so I know wha to expect :D

Hi:) Andy has it right...Century had a 55 million $ overhaul in 2006

with all the cabins changed and they added over 300 balconies

at that time too.

We were on the Century in 2006 right after the renovations. The public areas of the ship were beautiful. All new carpets and upholstery. Lots of flatscreens all over the public areas. The Martini bar had been upgraded to the "Ice Bar" which was great.

From what I have read, I believe most of the cabins were upgraded too, but we were disappointed in the general condition of our "Century Suite" (which is the smallest Suite in the Celebrity fleet). The room had new carpets, bedding and the flatscreen, but the cabin had a very old bathroom that had NOT been renovated. No tub. Only a shower and the fixtures, soap dishes etc, were very scratched and worn. The room also had a rather clunky, uncomfortable built-in couch that IMO was a bit of an eyesore. It did have a very nice aft balcony however.

Don't get me wrong, we loved the cruise, loved the MDR service and food and really enjoyed ourselves, but the extra money we paid for this "weird" suite was not worth it. FWIW, I would scratch the "Century Suite" catagory from the list if I were to sail on the Century again.

Archived