Souvines (spelled wrong I know)

adelchamps

Hi,

I like to try to pick up something in each port that i cannot get at home or is done especially well in the country i am visiting.......What is the best souvineers from belize?

Thank you.

April

I think you mean "souvenirs" as in the Steve Goodman lyrics, "memories can't be boughten..."

For Belize, I suggest Marie Sharp's hot sauce, variety of flavors and you can remember Belize every time you throw a dash into your food and burn your tongue:D If you do an excursion to one of the Mayan ruins, there are native crafts kiosks and stalls around the areas that sell various items that resemble Mayan culture. Just be careful not to buy anything that wood or hollow wood, like a drum, as US Customs will stop you and may confiscate if they deem it to be carrying any bugs.

I bought a really pretty cutting board for my kitchen. There were some shops that sold really pretty items made of wood and the cutting boards were nice. Almost a stripe pattern or checkered pattern with different types/stains.

Anything from zericote wood; it only grows in Belize and is beautiful wood. There are several vendors out behind the shops (through the gates) that have carved some beautiful pieces.

gail, totally forgot about the wood carvings. The ones I saw were very nice. DW isn't into these so we just kinda looked and moved on. Any pictures to share. Would certainly be unique. crew

Archived