Classic Canada in September

Well we know we are going on a Canadian Cruise but can't decide which line to use.

We are in New Jersey and can leave from several ports.

The itineray seems the same for all but if anyone has had experience with Canadian Cruises

I would appreicate your comments. I have cruised many times and find all the input from these boards very useful.

It would seem the choices are Princess, Holland America and Celebrity.

Sndney, Nova Scotia and Charlottetown, PEI seem remote. Are they worth the stops?

I know the food on Princess is great but that is not a major concern.

thanks in advance for your advise.

We are on the Carnival Glory 9/11/2010 out of NYC. Ports are Boston, Portland Maine, St John New Brunswick/ Bay of Fundy & Halifax, Nova Scotia. We have sailed Royal Carribean and Carnival in the past....my favorite is Carnival. We have a roll call started if you want to check us out. Have fun planning. Your cruise will be great, whatever you decide.

I can't answer your main question because I've never been on a Canada/New England cruise; however, I have visited the entire east coast of Canada and would say that without a doubt PEI is worth the stop. That's if you're into beautiful scenery. The red rocks (on the coast) are fantastic. Hopefully you can see a sunset there. Beautiful, just beautiful.

I'm also Canadian... so maybe a little biased :rolleyes:

I agree they are all worth the stop we did a Southbound reposition last fall from Quebec to Florida with stops in NL, PEI, NB, ME, MA, RI, NY on the way. It was amazing and a trip I would love to do again. The Eurodam was great! Do an NYC to QC then fly home, would be a nice

trip.

Well we know we are going on a Canadian Cruise but can't decide which line to use.

We are in New Jersey and can leave from several ports.

The itineray seems the same for all but if anyone has had experience with Canadian Cruises

I would appreicate your comments. I have cruised many times and find all the input from these boards very useful.

It would seem the choices are Princess, Holland America and Celebrity.

Sndney, Nova Scotia and Charlottetown, PEI seem remote. Are they worth the stops?

I know the food on Princess is great but that is not a major concern.

thanks in advance for your advise.

I can recommend HAL if you are looking at "mass market lines" vs "Luxury". We have been on multiple ships. We will be doing the Montreal to Boston, which is an easy bus, train or plane back to New Jersey (actually can book an open jaw). We have gone to Canada by land and also flown to Montreal for a weekend. We want the more remote locations such as PEI and Sydney since they will be new for us.

Archived