FLL airport wait time

larryvel

Willl be flying from Los Angeles to FLL and arriving at 6:10 a.m. for the Epic on October 2nd. My TA said that with the transfers from NCL that we would have to wait until approximately 4 hours before pick-up. Not sure if there are other ways to get to the port that are reasonable. Any suggestions. Thanks.:confused:

:cool:My first thought is… Get a new travel agent!

Seriously, it sounds like you are flying in from the West Coast on a red eye to arrive at 6:10am. I have found if you can take just 1-more day off from work it is so much nicer to arrive a day earlier and spend the night in Miami. Shop online for Airfares mid week when the pricing is best and you might even find a better flight at the same price or less. It really is a treat to get the air travel out of the way and spend a night in nice hotel and arrive on the ship relaxed and refreshed for a great vacation.

I look forward to following this thread to see what other CC members have to suggest.

when coming all the way from the west coast, redeye is not a bad option

as to transfers, this topic comes up every few days on the main board and on the ports of call boards. Scroll down a page or so and you will see it.

I'm flying in a day early to FLL for my Epic cruise. I got a great deal on a rental car at Dollar - around $38 for the day and I can return it at Miami airport and get a free shuttle to the Port of Miami.

If you're looking for options that might be something for you to look into. It's probably cheaper than a cab or shuttle and it gives you more flexibility once you arrive.

Grab a cab for about $70.00 Eat breakfast at airport first and take your time. Leave around 9 am. By the time you get to the port it will be 10 am and you should be allowed in. You can wait inside until broading begins. You will beat the rush.

I have used Infinity transport to get from home in Ft Laud. to the Miami port twice and it worked out great. It was less than $100 each way, including tip, and the driver was on time and waiting for you. The car service vehicles will be cleaner than the taxi's. You can advise the service what time you'd like to be picked up from the airport.

Infinity Transportation

866-247-LIMO

I have also used them to just get from home to airport and have not had an issue.

We used SAS transportation from FLL to the Miami port. $15.00 per person. phone # is 954-600-0240. They give you a number to call for pickup after you have your luggage both at FLL and the port upon arriving back to Miami.

We just used them too a few weeks ago. Couldn't have been easier. And...the more people u have the cheaper it is.

Archived