Batting cages in Roatan?

MamaTene

Taking my two grandsons 12 and 15 on Glory April 4 with a stop in Roatan Both of the boys are on traveling teams and are in training now. Thought it might be cool to let them hit a few at the different islands but unsure of availability. Anyone able to assist with info?

I think the main and maybe only ball field, is in Coxen Hole by the high school. There are small leagues that play here on the weekends. Don't know of any batting cages. Here too, this is a port for boys to kinda do other stuff. If they Glory docks in Mahogany Bay, there's a great zip line right across from the pier area. Very safe. Lots of fun. Saves money on transportation. They can head ofr the MBCC beach afterward. There is good snorkeling on the West End/West Bay but you'll need to arrane a cab to take you there unless you're doing a tour.

Madame, you'll be hard pressed to find any sort of public batting cages anywhere on your itinerary. These are 2nd world countries whose pro and semi-pro teams don't have the same access to facilities and equipment that your grandkids do on their teams!

I'd tell the kids to forget about any kind of BP while on the cruise. If they can't miss practicing for a week maybe you should reconsider the timing?

No one said they couldnt miss practice...I just thought it would be an exciting experience for them to be playing/practicing/experiencing this in another country. Both of them love baseball.

As info, I have made contact with an organization in Grand Caymen (another of our stops) that does have indepth involvement with Little League in the area and am waiting to hear back.

Archived