How to have the laziest, most relaxing vaca

freefallen

I'm going on my first cruise (yay) on Destiny in about 2 week with my fellow graduate students. We are sooooo burned out with work, we're just hoping to survive until we get on the ship. We are looking forward to a lazy lazy vacation of lounging, drinking, and soaking up sun.

So any tips? On good lounging places? Relaxing beach spots (Half Moon Cay, Nassau, Grand Turk)? Possible excursions (not sure if we have the energy)? Areas/programs to avoid?

On a sea day a few years ago this is how it went, it was raining that day..

woke up at 8:30 got up for breakfast, told wife I wanted to sleep more. I would catch with her later in the day. slept till 9:45 got up and had breakfast did not where wife was just killed time doing nothing.

went to the indoor pool with my IPOD and took a nap at 11:45 until 1:00 p.m. got up had lunch goofed off until 4:30 finally met up with the wife at 4:45P.M. in our cabin, told my wife to wake me up at 5:45 to go to dinner. after dinner went dancing and partying

I did the same ports last summer and will be doing them again this Aug. (except Freeport instead of Nassau). HMC is wonderful for doing nothing. the cabana seems nice, but if you don't feel like spending the money and still want some shade, you can rent a clamshell for $15.

I haven't been here: http://www.jacksshack.tc/Home.php in Grand Turk, but from what I've read it's a fun place and more interesting and cheaper than Margarittaville.

my favorite day on my last cruise was the day that I only woke up to eat. :-)

enjoy your trip and good luck with whatever it is you're studying.

Take a good quality sunscreen, at least 30 SPF and use it liberally and frequently. I know you want to get some color, but nothing will ruin your trip faster than a bad burn. :( I remember how busy and stressful grad school was. Enjoy your trip!

we just did this exact cruise in january .in grand turks when you walk down the pier at the end go right instead of left wayyyy less people .also if you want a cool free souvenier in grand turks keep walking the beach on the right side you will come to a fence with a hole in it go through thee you will find thousands of beutiful conch shells .we brought 2 home with us. half moon kay the further you walk the more the crowds thin out . remember to get to the theatre on the boat early like 8 am to get your ticket .there were some people still coming over at like 2 pm all pissed off cuz they waited .Naussau was terrible you might want to get off for a couple hours but better off staying on the boat (my opion) just remember have FUNNNNNNNNNNNN:D

Here's one for ya! Don't fall prey to the "Oh, my God, I may never have this chance again, so I'm gonna try to see and do everything!" syndrome. I. know, it's hard to avoid! Relax. If you miss something this time, try again next cruise!

I hope someone warned you about the post-hypnotic suggestion that will be implanted in your mind the minute you step on board your ship, "YOU WILL CRUISE AGAIN. YOU HAVE NO CHOICE. YOU WILL CRUISE AGAIN." ;)

You're gonna have a great time!

I went on a cruise last year to celebrate my Masters (it took me a year to save up for it, well really, to get a job).

It was so much fun with my friend. We slept in, met new friends, didn't make a schd., didn't book excursions, danced all night...

Take things one day at a time. If you start thinking ahead it can get stressful...."Oh, we were going to do this, but its already started....." No, don't do that.

Here is what we did. We got up when we woke up (mainly around 8am) tore off the little compressed schd. of events on the Capers (Fun Times) and headed up to breakfast. We'd eat and discuss what we wanted to do for the day. But, if we didn't do it, we didn't worry about it. Just grab a DOD, sit back and relax. Your on Vacation and your done with schds., deadlines. Throw caution to the wind.

I have a few suggestions for you...

Half Moon Cay--pool your money and book a cabana. True, it may be for four people, but all you need to do say it is for four and just take the deck chairs in front of the cabana and use those for the overflow. The food/munchies will run out quick with more than four, but hey, the island bbq will be there to over indulge......A cabana s $225 and you need to be on board and at the shore tour desk for when it opens, around 1130am....you'll need shoe sizes for the four people and drink choices...

Don't get off the ship if you want to, or get off when you want to

Plant your butt on a deck chair by the pool and do not leave until you are completely cooked--a nice golden brown, and NOT a bright red....

Stay up late, have fun and enjoy

Do as much or as little as you want to...

Park yourself on the comfy chairs on promenade and people watch

GO, enjoy and remember there are a lot of people who wish they were going with you!!!

Why is a shoe size necessary when book a cabana?

Archived