Govenor's Mansion - Can we fit it in before closing?

emeraldcity

We land at the San Juan airport (assuming an on-time arrival) at 1:16 p.m on Good Friday. Our hotel is in Old San Juan within walking distance of the Govenor's mansion. The web site says the mansion is open for tours until 5 p.m. but I haven't been able to find out if it's guided tours or self-guided. I'm trying to determine if we will be able to tour the mansion, given that I'm guessing we can't count on being checked into the hotel and headed in that direction until 3:00 - 3:30.

If it's guided tours, when does the last one start? Also, is there any chance that the hours on Good Friday will be shortened? I'd hate to get myself all primed for this tour and then find out we're out-of-luck.

We land at the San Juan airport (assuming an on-time arrival) at 1:16 p.m on Good Friday. Our hotel is in Old San Juan within walking distance of the Govenor's mansion. The web site says the mansion is open for tours until 5 p.m. but I haven't been able to find out if it's guided tours or self-guided. I'm trying to determine if we will be able to tour the mansion, given that I'm guessing we can't count on being checked into the hotel and headed in that direction until 3:00 - 3:30.

If it's guided tours, when does the last one start? Also, is there any chance that the hours on Good Friday will be shortened? I'd hate to get myself all primed for this tour and then find out we're out-of-luck.

They are guided tours.

It will not be open on Good Friday.

the name of the palace is Palacio de Santa Catalina and it is also known as La Fortaleza. because it is also a castle as well

it is located at the end of Calle Fortaleza in the historic district of San Juan

Calle%20Fortaleza%20Casa%20Del%20Gobernador,%20San%20Juan,%20PR.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Rather than asking the question again, I'm pulling up my old thread. We're heading back to San Juan and the governor's manion is at the top of our list, since we couldn't tour it last time. Can anyone provide the latest information about La Forteleza? We got pictures of the outside on our last trip (street level during the day and harborside as we sailed away). The history is fascinating and I'd love to see the inside.

We will be in San Juan Friday, Dec. 20, 2013 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.

• 4 months later...
Rather than asking the question again, I'm pulling up my old thread. We're heading back to San Juan and the governor's manion is at the top of our list, since we couldn't tour it last time. Can anyone provide the latest information about La Forteleza? We got pictures of the outside on our last trip (street level during the day and harborside as we sailed away). The history is fascinating and I'd love to see the inside.

We will be in San Juan Friday, Dec. 20, 2013 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.

It is open from 9 to 4 on weekdays except holidays (dec 20th is not a holiday in Puerto Rico).

Wow! Really?! I rarely wear shorts, so that's a non-issue, but long sleeves in 90-degree heat is unexpected. I'll bring along a gauzy long sleeve blouse I can slip on over the short-sleeve one I'll probably be wearing.

Thank you for the heads up!

Archived