Propulsion Problems on Carnival Ship

softball13

To your knowledge have they been taken care of? Was on the Freedom a month ago; wonderful cruise and looking at another one this year. Saw an itinerary on Destiny for later this year and am wondering if that ship is running with no problems! Thanks.

Destiny

Destiny had problems back in March of 2006 as well. Part of the reason that I coloured it brown in my signature line.

The engine and transmission problems caused a 2 day delay in my getting back home and to work. Carnival did some good work arranging alternative travel and some accommodations so some kudos to them for that.

However, on balance, my experience with Carnival Destiny makes me EXTREMELY reluctant to ever consider sailing with them again.

Your mileage may vary - but for me, it's Celebrity and Azamara.

Didn't also the Legend have some issues as well?

Yes, just last month. It was fixed during the next week's cruise. My Mom and neices were on that trip. Not too bad except for missing Cayman. Carnival made up for that port by visiting Costa Maya.

Still makes me wonder thought, 2 ships with similar issues only 9 years old or less? :rolleyes:

We were on the Destiny from Feb. 22-27 2010 and EVERYTHING was great!!!! I don't have one complaint! Service, food, our room(balcony room on 6). The shows, great comedians and make sure you make it to karaoke! Our destinations were to Grand Turk(Margaritaville!!!!!!), Half Moon Cay which unfortunately we had to bypass because of whether conditions. But, we had a sunny day at sea! :D and Nassau, Bahamas where we went to Atlantis for our excursion and when we left there we shopped around, etc. Enjoy!!!!! I would sail her again in a heart beat!

Archived