Star Princess -- Obstructed View from E511

Delmar Sam

My wife and I are sailing on 4/23/10 on the Star Princess Northern Europe Passage - 18 Days from Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen. We are booked in cabin E511 on the Emerald Deck, which we thought was partially obstructed. The latest information we received from Princess describes it as fully obstructed. Does anyone have photos of the view from this cabin or any idea of how bad the obstruction is?

My wife and I are sailing on 4/23/10 on the Star Princess Northern Europe Passage - 18 Days from Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen. We are booked in cabin E511 on the Emerald Deck, which we thought was partially obstructed. The latest information we received from Princess describes it as fully obstructed. Does anyone have photos of the view from this cabin or any idea of how bad the obstruction is?

If you look at the deck plan to see if a lifeboat is in front of the window, its pretty accurate.

The cruise is actually 04/24, here is a link to the roll call.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=964995

If you look at the deck plan to see if a lifeboat is in front of the window, its pretty accurate.

Thanks for the suggestion on checking the deck plan, but that was the first thing we did before booking. Our travel agent checked with Princess and was told that the lifeboat positioning on the deck plan is approximate and may not portray it accurately.

Thanks also for the correction on the date. I forgot we are going to Ft Lauderdale a day early.

This is 509 on the Crown. Your window is slightly further forward of the lifeboat deck housing so I would expect the view/light to be pretty similar.

3335370101_800d3fefb4.jpg

or even more like 507 on the Crown:

3335352863_f0c7d0ec70.jpg

I just looked on the Princess website and the obstruction seems to be a lifeboat and is completed obstructed.

If you look at billet's pax you will see it's not too bad, in fact the view is better in real life then in a photos. The life boats (Not the 3 tenders on each side) will only partially your view on Grand class ships.

If you look at billet's pax you will see it's not too bad, in fact the view is better in real life then in a photos. The life boats (Not the 3 tenders on each side) will only partially your view on Grand class ships.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I feel a little better after seeing the photos and I guess we will see what it's really like next month. We have sailed in cabins ranging from interior to balcony and have had a great time on every cruise we have ever taken (except for the Leonardo Da Vinci which in 1978 was years past its prime). You really never know what it's going to be like till you are there. For example, our balcony on a Mexican Riviera cruise was unusable because our next door neighbor never left hers and smoked like a chimney.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I feel a little better after seeing the photos and I guess we will see what it's really like next month. We have sailed in cabins ranging from interior to balcony and have had a great time on every cruise we have ever taken (except for the Leonardo Da Vinci which in 1978 was years past its prime). You really never know what it's going to be like till you are there. For example, our balcony on a Mexican Riviera cruise was unusable because our next door neighbor never left hers and smoked like a chimney.

I guarantee the view is better than from an interior cabin :)

Archived