Where is the Ecstasy?

luving2cruise

Due to these unfortunate circumstances, we should hope that you will waive the $20.00 processing fee.

Please acknowledge receipt of this fax via e-mail to XXX.

We are waiting for the processing of this credit to book a cruise, since your fares will be increasing on March 22, 2010, we hope you can process this transfer and credit quickly.

I am not holding my breath for the $20 fee to be waived...

what $20 processing fee?? Iv never heard of any processing fee from Carnival.

Is this some special fee?

what $20 processing fee?? Iv never heard of any processing fee from Carnival.

Is this some special fee?

Request for cruise credit is the name of the form. My friend does not want to cruise and is giving my DH the amount that would have been credited to her due to the fact that she chose not to cruise today or within the next 24 months. This is not a TA charge; it is a Carnival charge to annul her credit and give it to my DH.

Ginag! Thanks for the encouraging words! Here is what I wrote to them today on a fax cover sheet to transfer cruise credit for my friend!

Attached, please find the request to Transfer Cruise Credit, for reservation number XXXXX by XX duly signed and notarized. She faxed it to me since I am the one who made the payment and you also need proof of payment.

Please know that Ms. XX was extremely disappointed, as was I, with the Carnival experience, yesterday. We understand that fog can close a harbor but had hoped that you would be better prepared for this eventuality. This would have been Ms. XX's first sail, for her birthday. After waiting over eight (8) hours at the pier, however, in freezing rooms with hard straight back chairs, with no food, no drink, and no public announcements, until 1630, and after witnessing that a couple nearby, on their first cruise, received food and drink from a Carnival representative in a red shirt and finally after being harassed to move from one area to another because of changes in the “boarding protocol” she is absolutely categorical in never wanting to sail with your company again. Please know that as my guest, this was a terrific disappointment to me as I had hoped that she would take a liking to cruising and become an avid fan, as we have been. Due to these unfortunate circumstances, we should hope that you will waive the $20.00 processing fee.

Please acknowledge receipt of this fax via e-mail to XXX.

We are waiting for the processing of this credit to book a cruise, since your fares will be increasing on March 22, 2010, we hope you can process this transfer and credit quickly.

I am not holding my breath for the $20 fee to be waived...

Im so sorry you had such a terrible experience. That sounded horrible. I don't know what I would have done if that was my first cruise. Hopefully our cruise will not have any drama.:D

Request for cruise credit is the name of the form. My friend does not want to cruise and is giving my DH the amount that would have been credited to her due to the fact that she chose not to cruise today or within the next 24 months. This is not a TA charge; it is a Carnival charge to annul her credit and give it to my DH.

I just am surprised that Carnival can charge $20 for somethign like that.

So I'm a first time cruiser as are my husband and 4 friends going with us on the Ecstasy. Will this weekend's trip change anything for our cruise on Monday? We depart on 3/15 at 4:00. I have idea what to expect.:confused:

So I'm a first time cruiser as are my husband and 4 friends going with us on the Ecstasy. Will this weekend's trip change anything for our cruise on Monday? We depart on 3/15 at 4:00. I have idea what to expect.:confused:

Expect the ship to leave at 4 p.m. on Monday. :)

Even though she left a day late it will still return to port as originally scheduled. The only reason it would not would be unforseen circumstances.

Have fun!

Thought I'd pop in and say hello... We were some of the cruisers stuck out in the pea soup fog! My heart goes out to those waiting to get on. :( Having been fog delayed a few hours once before I can only imagine what it was like as time clicked by!

Being a Houston gal I had no travel plans to rearrange so it was kind of lovely to get one more day. It was also REALLY surprising how calm everyone on board was! Some general grumbling in the morning (but those are the same people who hover in the Atrium and moan every debarkation) but once everyone settled in people were surprisingly pleasant. The staff worked thier tails off to keep everyone entertained, fed and happy. Big Gold star in my book!

I just lol'd at the thought of people fighting over deck chairs to sleep on. Think of the chair hogs!

I can tell you that after the rehaul the Starlight Lounge benches are rather comfortable! :D

Good deal man i feel bad for everyone involed now they have to double clean the room unpack everyone luggage and then repack again tonight. Then do it all over again in the morning! I wonder if carnival is charging and extra tip for the extra day...so did they have to reopen everyones SS accounts...man all the possiblites...poor carnival staff nothing in there control and I can hear all the complaints from my house lol!

They didn't add an extra day tip but we did a double cash tip :) Poor Rustin was cleaning like a mad man! They let us do cash payments for awhile but once they sailed back into Inter. Waters we went back to SS cards..... plus they let you carry out the Duty Free shop purchases. Once they added free sodas at dinner we had more then a few dinner cocktails! :cool:

Thought I'd pop in and say hello... We were some of the cruisers stuck out in the pea soup fog! My heart goes out to those waiting to get on. :( Having been fog delayed a few hours once before I can only imagine what it was like as time clicked by!

Being a Houston gal I had no travel plans to rearrange so it was kind of lovely to get one more day. It was also REALLY surprising how calm everyone on board was! Some general grumbling in the morning (but those are the same people who hover in the Atrium and moan every debarkation) but once everyone settled in people were surprisingly pleasant. The staff worked thier tails off to keep everyone entertained, fed and happy. Big Gold star in my book!

I can tell you that after the rehaul the Starlight Lounge benches are rather comfortable! :D

They didn't add an extra day tip but we did a double cash tip :) Poor Rustin was cleaning like a mad man! They let us do cash payments for awhile but once they sailed back into Inter. Waters we went back to SS cards..... plus they let you carry out the Duty Free shop purchases. Once they added free sodas at dinner we had more then a few dinner cocktails! :cool:

Sounds like u made the best out of a bad sutr good for you the world would be so much better if more people were like that!

If there is a delay for some reason, walk a block over and enjoy the strand. It would beat the heck out of sitting around in hard straight backed chairs feeling miserable and angry. Enjoy your cruise!

I really doubt that. Sour grapes, perhaps?

Carnival is VERY dedicated to Galveston. They've invested a ton of money in the port and intend to EXPAND Texas operations, not pull out.

Every port has weather issues.

By the way, I was told that the reason NCL pulled out several years ago was in inability to make a profit... not the case with Carnival!!

:)

Glad to know that, we like going out of Texas when possible and have been hoping that Carnival would bring in another ship!!!

Archived