Non Passengers Boarding.

dickwho

Greetings.

I read somewhere that Princess, for a fee will allow visitors to come on board prior to sailing and have a meal with embarking passengers.

Can anyone confirm or refute this?

Reason I'm asking is that we are being driven to the ship by one of our sons, it would be a nice way of showing our appreciation.

seeya

Dick

It is called the Bon Voyage Experience, it is $39/person and must be registered for ahead of time as they need to fill out identity info on the cruise personalizer and print a boarding pass. You will need to call Princess directly to book this. The $39 is then given as a credit towards a future cruise.

I seem to remember that it is $39 pp and you would have to pre-book through a TA or Princess in advance because of security clearance. The fee is non-refundable but can be used toward a future cruise with Princess. They only offer it at a few US ports right now, don't even know if that has started yet and which ports. Best bet is to contact Princess or your Travel Agent since you can't just walk on the ship.

It is starting in San Pedro. Friends who are sailing in May have booked the lunch for two friends who are nuns and they will never be on a cruise, but can have lunch out. They are so excited they will get to see what we have been talking about for years.

The roll-out schedule for the launch of the Bon Voyage Experience is: Sapphire Princess -- March 6 in Los Angeles

Crown Princess -- March 6 in Fort Lauderdale

Coral Princess -- March 7 in Los Angeles

Emerald Princess -- March 7 in Fort Lauderdale

Island Princess -- March 10 in Fort Lauderdale

Ruby Princess -- March 10 in Fort Lauderdale

Golden Princess -- March 14 in Los Angeles

Royal Princess -- March 27 in Fort Lauderdale

Star Princess -- April 10 in Fort Lauderdale

Caribbean Princess -- May 18 in New York

Sea Princess -- June 1 in San Francisco

During the Alaska season, Sapphire Princess, Golden Princess and Royal Princess will offer the program in Seattle, beginning in May.

I seem to remember that it is $39 pp and you would have to pre-book through a TA or Princess in advance because of security clearance. The fee is non-refundable but can be used toward a future cruise with Princess. They only offer it at a few US ports right now, don't even know if that has started yet and which ports. Best bet is to contact Princess or your Travel Agent since you can't just walk on the ship.

I seem to have read that there was a time limit for using the $39 for a future cruise- something like 90 days?

I have seen conflicting reports that you can also sign up and not have anyone actually sailing on that cruise. So can someone just sign up for this or do they have to sign up with someone actually sailing on that cruise?:confused:

Archived