How early can I board?

Hi There!

I've never been on a cruise in my life so I have very limited knowledge of cruises.

We're travelling from Edinburgh to Southampton and staying in a hotel the night before the cruise to avoid any unexpected delays on the roads/rail/airport or however we travel.

Since we'll be in southampton really early anyway, how early do you think I could get on board the ship?

I know that it gets into southampton early in the morning (05:45) but there will obviously be passengers on board and a lot of work to be done before anyone can board, but is anyone able to advise how early we can get on the ship?

Thanks in advance! :cool:

Hi.

You are in for an amazing trip! Independence is fantastic.

Boarding starts around 11am.... there was a large waiting area with soft drinks and cookies between check in and the actual boarding area. It all depends on how quick they get through all the clear up and prep arrangements. You will be on board in time for lunch!

Excellent - Thank You for your quick response.

I didn't fancy hanging around Southampton for too long, especially because we're leaving on a Saturday and there will be a load of Football traffic if Southampton are playing at home!

Im pretty sure their stadium is just up the road from the port :)

Archived