Roll Calls on Cruise Critic add fun

DocF

Let me suggest that if you have a cruise booked and have not joined the roll call for it as yet, that you look on the Carnival Roll Call boards for your ship and find your cruise dates and join. You will find that a good active roll call can really add to the fun and help you and others to make the most of your cruise.

Doc

Let me suggest that if you have a cruise booked and have not joined the roll call for it as yet, that you look on the Carnival Roll Call boards for your ship and find your cruise dates and join. You will find that a good active roll call can really add to the fun and help you and others to make the most of your cruise.

Doc

True, I've had good ones, one Great one and so far my current one is downright horrible, Not a single person so far.

This is stupid question...I'm new in here. I have found my roll call site....and have looked at it - posted in it......but how do you actually join it? Help me...please?

You don't have to "join" it, just participate in it. Generally post where you're from, whose in your party, whether it's a special anniversary - that sort of thing. The other members will welcome you aboard.

I then "subsribe" to the roll call so that I get an email alert whenever someone posts to it.

You don't have to "join" it, just participate in it. Generally post where you're from, whose in your party, whether it's a special anniversary - that sort of thing. The other members will welcome you aboard.

I then "subsribe" to the roll call so that I get an email alert whenever someone posts to it.

How do tou "subsribe" to get the alerts????

True, I've had good ones, one Great one and so far my current one is downright horrible, Not a single person so far.

That is what is happening with mine now too... We cruise in about three weeks too! Not one other person has joined on.. I am beginning to take it personally.....:confused:

This is stupid question...I'm new in here. I have found my roll call site....and have looked at it - posted in it......but how do you actually join it? Help me...please?

you did, you posted, keep going back. It typically will grow, eventually some nice organized type will start making a list of all the CCers on the roll call, you'll start planning activities and where to meet, sometimes at a hotel or bar for those that come in the day before.

It's just the best when cruising, we've loved all our CC roll call groups.

Cheers, carole

My roll call for the Carnival Dream is fantastic. We have over 4000 post. What a fun, crazy bunch of folks. We have a private party set up, mini golf tourney, you name it and we will try it. We cruise May 1 and I can't wait. If anyone has this cruise booked, please come join us.

DocF: Thanks for starting this thread. Hopefully this will increase the participation in all Roll Calls. I agree it adds more fun. I'm cruising on The Victory on April 25th and can't wait! So fellow "Victory" cruisers, if you're cruising on April 25, 2010, please check out our Roll Call.

Happy Cruising...........

I'm used to doing group cruises and have lots of activity on the boards. Hubby and I are doing one along on the Fantasy out of Charleston in May. The roll call isn't very active...I think I post the most *L*, but you're right...it's fun!!

Doc

My cruise last year had a dead roll call, and again this year we have a dead roll call. :mad:

DocF,

I started a roll call for the June 27th sailing on the Victory back in September when we booked, and did not have a sole for a while. Now we have a group of about 30 and hopefully will grow in the next few months. I have meet some great people on the roll call and hoepfully will remain close friends and keep in touch after the cruise. We are even looking into sailing for 2011 and 2012.

How right you are, Doc!!

I've made friends on every roll call I've participated in!!

Here's a link to the Carnival Roll Call forums!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150

:)

Hey Mach,

Speaking of roll calls, how come all these *OFFICIAL* threads are always clogging up the front page of the Carnival forum? Why aren't they on the roll call boards?

Joanns6569:

Good idea to add "Join The Roll Call" to your signature. Good avertisement for it. Maybe more of us should do that. Not many have joined mine for April 25, 2010, but I believe it will happen. As "Teenga1899" said, "if you build it, they will come - eventually"! I like that one Teenga.

That is what is happening with mine now too... We cruise in about three weeks too! Not one other person has joined on.. I am beginning to take it personally.....:confused:

You sure there is not another one for your cruise that you are missing?

Maybe it is the time of you are sailing, which makes the roll call dead??

Don't take it personally :)

LOL i'm not taking it personally. ;)

It would be nice to have a good roll call and meet some fun people to hang out with on the ship though. I feel jipped!

Archived