Polynesia in December

JohnSC

We are considering a cruise of the Polynesian Islands for next December. Can anyone tell me what the weather is like that time of year. Also, is there a web page where I can check out shore excursions in advance of booking the cruise.

December is the rainy season, almost directly in the middle of it. We ran into an early rainy season this year that began the middle of October. If I had the choice, rainy season is NOT when I would visit. The seas can become very rough and the weather sure can dampen (pun intended) the things you have planned to do.

If you are considering Princess, check out their web site, they have a list of shore excursions there to view for the different ports, although they won't become available for booking until a couple of months before you sail.

Much easier to book them privately, less expensive and less crowded also. Almost the same things as Princess offers.

we' ve gone twice now in the "rainy" season, in January, and for the most part the weather has been just fine. it is more humid during thier summer months. Being the tropics, you can get rainy weather any time of the ear. We had three days that were cloudy, those were our sea days, we had sun every other day with a couple showers on Moorea and 1 shower on Bora Bora, and that was very brief.

check out http://www.thetahititraveler.com for several excursions to check out, and if you haven't already check out all the threads on Tahiti on this website. there is no reason to pay Princess' prices for excursions, in many cases the same one with the same company is available onshore for less money. We will be going again, hopefully next January.

• 4 weeks later...

We were on TP in Dec. 2004 and experienced rain for about 10 minutes on 2 days. Seas were were very calm but it was extremly hot - at least 85 degrees F every day without a cloud in the sky. The sun was very strong - the only time I did not put on sunscreen, I got a sunburn on my leg in 15 mins.

I would love to go again but probably during our summer as it was too hot to do anything but stay in the shade or submerged in water.

Archived