What would you say the average age range on a cruise is?

crookedicat

List percentages of:

20's

30's

40's

50+

Just curious.

Depends on the time of year you cruise... I usually cruise.. late fall.. late spring.. have cruised in March.. and in Jan... but honestly I have never really thought about the ages of those around me.. as long as we are all having fun..:p

I vote for 40s. Lots of younger, lots of older. One man dressed up for halloween with his sisters was celebrating his 93rd birthday. I also got to meet the guy who cruises every month on Carnival. flew into new orleans by himself, he is in his 90s too. Over 100 Carnival cruises. Tried to talk to him later, he was pretty hard of hearing but cruises once a month by himself now.

You will meet all ages.

Depends on the time of year you cruise... I usually cruise.. late fall.. late spring.. have cruised in March.. and in Jan... but honestly I have never really thought about the ages of those around me.. as long as we are all having fun..:p

true..but it also can change from sailing to sailing...especially if there is a large group on your sailing.

true..but it also can change from sailing to sailing...especially if there is a large group on your sailing.

LOL ya of course.. if you have an old timers group.. or a group of kids celebrating something.. or a bunch of parrotheads;) I still don't notice the ages.. unless they become a problem... :p

I think it depends on the time of year you are sailing and also the length of the trip. I think shorter cruises seem to have younger passengers, probably because they are still early in their careers, have more job responsibilities, less vacation time, younger children that they can't be away from as long, etc. Where as older pax probably have more of both time and money and can afford the longer trips. Of course if you sail during school breaks there will be more families with children and also more college students. Our last cruise was a 7-day in mid-May, and it definitely seemed like an older crowd than what we had experienced before. But the age of our fellow pax have never had an effect on how much fun the trip was to us.

List percentages of:

20's

30's

40's

50+

Just curious.

there is too many variables to answer this question.

My first cruise was on RCI Vision of the seas over Christmas in 2004, there was many kids and young couples on the ship.

Last cruise was the week before Thanksgiving on the carnival Legend, There were a few kids on board and it seemed that most of the people were 40+

TOTALLY depends on the itinerary IMO. Panama canal (sadly) and Alaska, Europe, TA, will be an older crowd because they are more expenise. Caribbean will be your younger folks. I wish this would change, I would love to explore other places with a younger crowd. I love older folks too, but I also love the late night, disco crowd

• 1 year later...

I can appreciate this question.. b/c I'm planning a cruise on RCI in December and everyone on the roll call so far is of retirement age or older. My husband and I are 34 and enjoy the nightlife and since we are not going with a group or anything, we are hoping to meet some people are age to enjoy it with.

Do you think there be enough people our own age?

I agree that it varies depending on a number of factors. Case in point, I just went on the Valor in January on an 8 day Southern Caribbean cruise. That was my 11th cruise and I've never been on a cruise that had such an older demographic...so much so that the comedian in the main theater said during his show that he was scanning the crowd and noticed that everyone had something in common...silver hair. That was the first cruise that they actually couldn't find ONE man to do the hairy chest contest on the first sea day so the Asst. Cruise Director gave the ship on the stick to a 9yr old. We ended up hanging out with the entertainment team a few times and they also said they had never seen so many older cruisers on one cruise and joked that they thought they mistakedly got on a HAL ship when they saw all the wheelchairs and walkers. Now, I will say that in my 11 cruises that certainly isn't the norm. Didn't affect us one way or another...we had a fantastic cruise....just a different experience for us.

Archived