What time can we get off the ship in Cozumel?

Sinjin

For those of you that did the Western Carribean, what time were you able to get off the ship in Cozumel? We're trying to arrange for a driver to meet us, but don't know what time to tell him. (I think they will be two hours behind Florida time, which I assume will be ship time.) We're leaving from Florida, following daylight savings time, traveling to Cozumel (a different time zone) and they will not yet be on daylight savings time. I can't call MSC for help, because they say we are not going to Cozumel. Any advice?

For those of you that did the Western Carribean, what time were you able to get off the ship in Cozumel? We're trying to arrange for a driver to meet us, but don't know what time to tell him. (I think they will be two hours behind Florida time, which I assume will be ship time.) We're leaving from Florida, following daylight savings time, traveling to Cozumel (a different time zone) and they will not yet be on daylight savings time. I can't call MSC for help, because they say we are not going to Cozumel. Any advice?

We are assuming our shore time will be 10-4 local time, we usually can disembark just as listed in the itinerary on our other cruises.

Regardless, we have scheduled our excursion at 10:30 local time Cozumel

We are assuming our shore time will be 10-4 local time, we usually can disembark just as listed in the itinerary on our other cruises.

Regardless, we have scheduled our excursion at 10:30 local time Cozumel

So when the itinerary lists the time as 10-4, that is local time and NOT ship time?

So when the itinerary lists the time as 10-4, that is local time and NOT ship time?

Honestly, I don't know if there is a difference, when we were in europe, ships time was changed to local time... I believe it will be local time.

Sorry, not much help.

The ships time never changed on our cruise, Feb 20-27 (Eastern Caribbean). We were warned time and time again not to follow port times, always stay on ship time. Which was "Florida time". So if you are in port from 10-4, it is ship time, not port time. As for the time difference I am not sure.. as we were not on the western route. :cool:

The ships time never changed on our cruise, Feb 20-27 (Eastern Caribbean). We were warned time and time again not to follow port times, always stay on ship time. Which was "Florida time". So if you are in port from 10-4, it is ship time, not port time. As for the time difference I am not sure.. as we were not on the western route. :cool:

What was your itinerary? Did you change time zones?

Cozumel is the only port on the western that is in central time zone I believe.

Archived