Legend, 5/2/2010...now embarking Nice vs Monte Carlo

FogGuys

Greetings all!

Just noticed that our SB cruise "Riviera & Bella Italia" will now embark Nice vs Monte Carlo on May 2nd.

This may be due to the Historic (i.e. classic race cars) Grand Prix which takes place in MC over that weekend. (The major Grand Prix occurs a few weeks later). We have not heard officially from SB yet but the itinerary has changed on SB's web site.

While booking our own pre-cruise journey, we decided to stay in Nice anyway and use it as a hub for our exploration around the area...including the short train ride to/from MC...but now we have a few more hours to spend until our late evening (11pm) departure.

This is our first time on SB (past Silversea, Regent) and we are looking forward to it.

Safe travels to all!

• 1 month later...

Hello,

This is also my first Seabourn cruise.

I am traveling with my husband and parents (already cruise the Legend).

We are from Belgium, looking foward to meet you all, see you on the legend (a few more weeks untill we board!!);

Linda :)

We are travelling on the Legend from Civitevechia to Monaco. 2 questions.

1-Does that mean that we will also be landing in Nice or is this simply for the car race (F1 occurs in May)

2-I would like to plan a side trip after the cruise and was wondering how far the train station is from the docks in MC and how long the train ride is to Nice?

@ sheba2008: Looking forward to seeing you and your family on-board in Nice!

@SailinginToronto: I believe it is only the 5/2/2010 MC to Rome cruise which is now embarking from Nice (due to the MC Historic Grand Prix):

http://www.monacohistoricgrandprix.co.uk/Home.html

You most likely will arrive in MC from Rome. And if there is a change, SB will notify you as they did us with the new port info and embarkation time.

Safe travels!

We were on the legend last year going from Monte Carlo to Barcelona. We flew to Nice and took the train to MC. The train ride is about 30 to 40 minutes. The docs are down the hill. The train station is less than a mile but up a pretty steep hill. My husband and I are fit. In our mid thirties and I run marathons, we could definitely walk with out a problem.

Myu wife and I are on board May 2 as well. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Spending the weekend in Villefranche, which is about 1/2 way bw MC and Nice. about 15 minutes each way. the train is easy . The train station to the port in MC is not far but not sure with luggage. You might want to cab it . MC is quite hilly as i recall.

FogGuys, do you know if dinner is on the ship. I assume so , but its leaving so much later.

Myu wife and I are on board May 2 as well. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Spending the weekend in Villefranche, which is about 1/2 way bw MC and Nice. about 15 minutes each way. the train is easy . The train station to the port in MC is not far but not sure with luggage. You might want to cab it . MC is quite hilly as i recall.

FogGuys, do you know if dinner is on the ship. I assume so , but its leaving so much later.

If boarding time is still..2 to 3..you certainly will dine aboard.

Archived