leaving in one day boatyard or accura??

Dunner

Can't decide--We are in our 50's--like beautiful, beaches with that pretty aqua water, up beat music, a few drinks and a lively atmosphere. Have read that both beaches are very pretty,but after reading one post the boathouse is a little wild. If the boathouse is mainly 20 years olds whooping it up, maybe I'll pass and go to accura. ----Not that there is anything wrong with 20 year olds as Seinfeld would say. By the way, is the beach called Boathouse or is that the name of a restaurant or something?

My husband and I seem to have the same taste as you regarding beaches. We wanted to rent jet skis at the Boatyard, but the reviews about the beach area there were a little discouraging. We decided to take a taxi to Lobster Alive, a restaurant right next to the Boatyard.

LA rents out umbrellas and chairs in front of their restaurant. Two chairs and an umbrella cost $15, and you receive 3 vouchers for free soda or rum punch (which was very good). Their beach area is smaller than the Boatyard and more quiet, so you can enjoy the rentals, activities, etc, from the Boatyard, and return to your more quiet area in front of Lobster Alive to relax. The restaurant is great too, fresh lobster with a rum punch on a beautiful white-sand beach...doesn't get much better than that to us! :D

We enjoyed this so much last year that we're returning to the same spot this August. You can see pictures of Barbados (Lobster Alive) in my photo album (the link and password are below). If you google Lobster Alive, you can see their new website. I hope this helps!

Can't decide--We are in our 50's--like beautiful, beaches with that pretty aqua water, up beat music, a few drinks and a lively atmosphere. Have read that both beaches are very pretty,but after reading one post the boathouse is a little wild. If the boathouse is mainly 20 years olds whooping it up, maybe I'll pass and go to accura. ----Not that there is anything wrong with 20 year olds as Seinfeld would say. By the way, is the beach called Boathouse or is that the name of a restaurant or something?

We read all the reviews so this year we went to Accra Beach instead! We made a mistake. There is no supervision of the beach so we did not feel safe about leaving our stuff . . . I guess that says something about the atmosphere. Even though I heard good reviews about the restaurant, Just Grilling, I didn't like the idea of having to pick up everything and heading down the road ans across the street. The boatyard seemed to us a much better deal. And with the extra cafare, we Accra wasn'r any cheaper. Next trip, we're back at the Boatyard where we've been going for the past 15 years.:)

Archived