DD's Pride Wedding 3/28/10

cathyoo

Almost here..my daughter will be married on the Carnival Pride in just 15 days. What a trip this will be.. It is her first cruise. First time we will be sailing with our children. Our first onboard wedding.

Any hints or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. She has 39 sailing guest and 69 coming to the wedding. Fiancé has two children who will be on the cruise and she wants this to be a wonderful experience for them.

Unfortunately, my daughter was diagnosed with Inflammatory Breast Cancer two weeks ago. She will start chemo before the wedding but is optimistic that it will not impact her ability to have a good time.

We are extremely positive that 18 months from now this will all be just a memory and she will have moved on to more exciting challenges. Just stinks that it had to happen NOW.

I am determined that this will be the wedding to end all weddings and would appreciate any help past brides can give us.

There is a big wedding party and I am worried about the getting dressed part. Any tips in that area would be doubly appreciated.

thanks much

Unfortunately, I don't have any advice regarding your daughters wedding day (except relax and ENJOY), however, I did want to share that my mother is a 12 years cancer free after battling inflammatory breast cancer, and her health has been great ever since! When she was diagnosed, the prognosis was dim, but I truly believe her positive attitude and determination to beat it got her through. Stay positive and enjoy every moment of your trip and the wedding!

halifax girl... your big day is sooo close. Have a wonderful time.. many wishes for a future filled with joy.

thanks for the encouragement. It means alot. It is scary enough today. That diagnosis 12 years ago must have been very frightening.

My daughter will be getting married on the pride in march of 2011. She will have her ceremony while in port at port canaveral.

I am so sorry to hear of your daughter's diagnosis. We will keep her in our prayers.

Will she be having her ceremony while in port at Baltimore? Will she be bringing some silk flowers on board? Can't wait to hear your review. :)

mummyofthebride... Yes to both.. she is getting married in Port and she is bringing silk flowers with her.

She has 39 sailing and 69 attending the ceremony in Port. She chose the package with the open bar for an hour. Really hoping this goes well. She was looking for something different and the cruise was my suggestion.

As far as tips for the wedding go...if there are specific pictures she wants, have her make a list and give a copy to the photographer and a trusted person in the wedding group (to make sure the photographer is getting them). Most of all, don't stress and enjoy!!

On another note, my mother is an 18 year survivor of inflammatory breast cancer (cancer free ever since her treatment ended 17 years ago). The initial prognosis was not good (the norm with inflammatory I think), but she went with the most aggressive treatment (chemo, radiation, surgery and more chemo) which worked. It knocked her on her behind for most of the year, but she has had a wonderful life ever since. She found the books by Dr. Bernie Siegel helpful in keeping a positive mindset during her treatment. Best of luck to your daughter!!

flhokie.. thanks so much for sharing the information about your mother. Survivor stories are important to us. We are trying to live in hope and faith right now. Thanks for the tip about the pictures. I'll pass it on to my daughter.

Archived