Rough waters in New York today

JUSRN

Dropped off my college senior son and his 3 friends for a spring break cruise. I talked them into it... told them best value and "by March, the weather will be fine." They left in a hurricane. I'll hear about it forever. LOL

Just got back this morning. The seas around 4am were rough. But that also probably has something to due to the fact that we were going beyond slow. But besides that, the seas were pretty calm for the whole trip.

Dropped off my college senior son and his 3 friends for a spring break cruise. I talked them into it... told them best value and "by March, the weather will be fine." They left in a hurricane. I'll hear about it forever. LOL

Looking at the webcam I think they might just be a tad upset but I think they'll forgive you as soon as they locate their favorite bar!

Funny thing about your post. We live on Cape Cod and the winds were unbelieveable last night. When I got up I was thinking about the New York cruises and how rough the Seas must be. I,m sure the first few hours will not be fun. But after that it's PARTY Time

If that is the only thing you hear about forever, you've done a great job as a parent. LOL

Can't believe that rained all day again today, and they are predicting more rain tomorrow. Haven't heard from the boys yet... nor seen anyone post "live" from the Gem. Really wondering how they made out in the storm.

Winds at JFK this afternoon were steady at 44 mph with several gusts to 66 mph.

I heard the winds topped 76 mph at JFK at 8PM last night.:eek:

hope all is well !

besdies the BIG storm we had last night and resulting damage...we lost power for 23 hours! (Northern NJ) Heard some of NY also !

My elderly mom lost power at 4:30pm yesterday and we couldn't get in touch with her and so we went over at 7:30 and she was in the dark. We kidnapped her and the power was just restored 90 minutes ago.

Luckily she only lives 1 mile from me, (we had power), and she claims her cell phone didn't work but I think she didn't put it on until I was on my way over to her house. Scary. Bringing her home early in the morning on my way to work.

Waters were rough yesterday. They suspended the Staten Island Ferry.:eek:

I just hope everyone is safe on all the ships.

All is well, he just called. Waters were terrible and many sick people but all are safe.

They are now docked in Florida ready to have some fun now. He was also sick and feels much better today with calmer waters.

Hope they have a great time since they weathered the storm.

All is well, he just called. Waters were terrible and many sick people but all are safe.

They are now docked in Florida ready to have some fun now. He was also sick and feels much better today with calmer waters.

Hope they have a great time since they weathered the storm.

good news!!!

UPDATE on NJ/NY....there are MANY MANY people still without power..and some here in Bergen County NJ will not get it back till end of week....I just got back from 1st trip out in days....trees and wires down all over....and some flooding....it is bad....

Archived