San Juan Princess shuttles from the airport to the pier on the Caribbean Princess.

gymjunkie

Who knows if, when taking a Princess shuttle from the San Juan airport to the pier, your luggage travels in the same bus as you? I read that someone saw their luggage loaded on a separate flat bed truck. That makes me nervous......

Why take the Princess shuttle?

San Juan airport has lots of taxis ready to take you and your luggage right to the ship.

When you arrive you go to a taxi stand where they give you a slip of paper showing the cost of the trip - about $18 I think - so there is no dispute with the driver.

You don't have to wait until all of the passengers arrive to get your shuttle if you take your own taxi.

SJU is my favorite airport to arrive at.

We were just on the CB and the taxi from the airport was metered instead of the old way with the paper and the set cost. You still pay $1 per bag though.

How much did it cost you? Six weeks ago it was the fixed fare of $19 plus $1 per bag.

Who knows if, when taking a Princess shuttle from the San Juan airport to the pier, your luggage travels in the same bus as you? I read that someone saw their luggage loaded on a separate flat bed truck. That makes me nervous......

Why? We did it both ways without incident.

Holy Crap, is that the Holy Grail??? Lord Stanley's Cup???? I bow to you...

I am a southern California boy, so I saw the cup in 2007... not even close this year....

That is the Stanley Cup. It was at a cocktail party I was at during the Olympics.

I don't see much chance of getting it to Vancouver any other way for a while.

We LOVED the Carribean Princess! Last year we went on it in March, I must warn you, our flight didn't leave till afternoon so we thought we would tour Old SJ again since we can never get enough of it, so on the princess tv channel in our room they told about this one jewerely store where you can store your luggage. Well we came in on a Sunday so the store WAS NOT opened. We had probably the only cab drive that didnt' know his way around so we ended up having him take us to the airport. We were looking for the restaurant that stores luggage while you shop (la somthing). Got to the airport in plenty of time and the USDA line was out the door, after going through that the check in line was the same, then the security. It was good that we got there plenty early to wait in all these lines or we never would have made our flight!

We took the princess shuttle from the airport. If I remember correctly the luggage when in the back of a truck and we went in a bus. I also took the Celebrity shuttle from the airport and I think it was the same. Both times the luggage that made it on airline to PR made it to our cabins lickity split! Now the luggage the airline left behind caught up with us in our first port! Donna

How much did it cost you? Six weeks ago it was the fixed fare of $19 plus $1 per bag.

That is exactly what we paid in December too. If anyone pays more than that for the same trip, they are being charged too much. The government licensed taxis are regulated with those fares.

Archived