top bunk

macfin

anybody know if there are portable cribs on carnival, we have 3 yo that wont sleep on top bunk, or has anyone built up the sides on the top bunk???? and what have u used???

The upper bunks only have a partial rail along the middle, which is fine for an adult. I'd reserve the crib/Pack & Play, as it'll take up less floor space than a twin-sized mattress. Plus, you can then use that upper bunk to keep large, bulky things off the floor, like a stroller, car seat, backpacks, etc.

We also used the above safety rail -- it was specifically made for travel and folded up easily. Used it for years. Also have used the mattress on the floor plan. Another thread mentions using trays from the buffet.

We just got back from the Conquest with a 3 and 5 YO. I posted this about a week ago, but we used food trays from the Lido deck to "build up" around the beds. We used 6 trays for each bed (four on the sides, one on the top and one on the bottom). There was NO WAY anyone was falling out of that bed! The boys absolutely LOVED sleeping in the bunks, and we didn't have to worry about it "raining children" on our heads at night! My boys are WILD sleepers, too BTW-- we often heard the "thunk" of them hitting or kicking the trays at night!! Anyhow, it's kind of a crazy solution (I actually read about it on here somewhere), but it totally worked for us! --Katie

I'm not sure if your 3yr old will fit in a carnival crib since they are the size of a pack and play. My soon to be 2.5 yr old was nearly too tall for it. Another option that we do is have both twin beds pushed together and the little ones sleeps in the middle.

Archived