Buying photos AFTER the cruise

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has been able to purchase more pictures after they got home from their cruise...specifically a Carnival cruise. I am sort of a "could've, wouldv'e, should've" type person and I although I am sure I will buy a lot of photos on the cruise, I was wondering if anyone had any luck of purchasing more? I read somewhere (I think John Heald's blog) that they destroy all the pictures except wedding ones as soon as the cruise is over, but was wondering why they would keep the wedding ones unless they think they might need them.

Any insights into this?

MalibuBarbie

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has been able to purchase more pictures after they got home from their cruise...specifically a Carnival cruise. I am sort of a "could've, wouldv'e, should've" type person and I although I am sure I will buy a lot of photos on the cruise, I was wondering if anyone had any luck of purchasing more? I read somewhere (I think John Heald's blog) that they destroy all the pictures except wedding ones as soon as the cruise is over, but was wondering why they would keep the wedding ones unless they think they might need them.

Any insights into this?

MalibuBarbie

I am getting married May 18, 2010 and was wondering the exact same thing. I hope that by posting a reply and moving your thread to the start, you and I will both get some answers!

I called Carnival today to see if I could get some more of my pics but they said no. They took over 1500 pics! I bought 25 8x10 and 20 5x7 it ended up costing me 780, included a canvas and a CD of the pics. If I wanted all the pics it would have been 2500! But i'm happy with the pics i got just realized i only got one of my dad walking me down the aisle. We have a lot of other people taking pics so i got more pics just not the pretty editted pics carnival does. But still carnival does an AMAZING job on their pics. I'll post mine soon or you can find me on facebook, they're there.

Jennifer Taylor

Rome, GA

I should have a pic of me with my veil in front of my face.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow..that's a bummer that you couldn't get anymore pictures. I wonder why they would keep them then? Like you said, maybe some of your guests got some other shots of your dad that you can get enlarged. Thanks for posting and letting us all know! Guess, I better budget in a little more for pictures since it will be a one time purchase!

MalibuBarbie

I got married on RCI - I am not sure if they do the photos the same or not, but I was able to get a copy of the proof so I could go thru them, at one of the ports I went to an internet cafe and scanned them and emailed them to myself. I was surprised the quality was pretty good. The photographer knew what I was doing tho..

I know they offer packages that come with CDs i don't know if it is of all the pictures taken or just the ones you purchased. but the photo packages tend to be pricey

• 2 weeks later...

I just spoke with my wedding coordinator and she said that 6 weeks after the wedding, they will email me a link for the photos. Then we will receive the proofs and can buy the ones that we want. Something like that. I sure hope you can get more!

I called Carnival today to see if I could get some more of my pics but they said no. They took over 1500 pics! I bought 25 8x10 and 20 5x7 it ended up costing me 780, included a canvas and a CD of the pics. If I wanted all the pics it would have been 2500! But i'm happy with the pics i got just realized i only got one of my dad walking me down the aisle. We have a lot of other people taking pics so i got more pics just not the pretty editted pics carnival does. But still carnival does an AMAZING job on their pics. I'll post mine soon or you can find me on facebook, they're there.

Jennifer Taylor

Rome, GA

I should have a pic of me with my veil in front of my face.

Hi, glad it all went well. We've got the planner and everyone booked now for Lime Tree - I've searched for your facebook to look at the pictures but can't find you - can you give me a link

thanks

Jan

• 1 month later...
Omg I'm so sorry, I haven't been on this thing in a while (long honeymoon)

Here is a link to the pictures

http://picasaweb.google.com/jeremiah.towe

Here is my facebook

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=515933794

Thanks Jen - these are fantastic - where did you get the aisle runner with your names on?

Jan x

Archived