Caribbean Pearls

caribbeansun

There were not any "events" in the GDR that would mark one night more attractive than another.

Perhaps the night of the captain's reception (if I have the name right) as there was a longer than usual lineup in the GDR immediately after it - of course you have to guess what night that would be (often it's the night of first at sea day).

I was asking in case there are typically any special event/menu nights in the GDR that you would want to attend.

On a side note, any input on nights that you would consider best to/or not to try and pre book in a specialty restaurant. We will be on a 10 day cruise in A-1 so we are able to pre book 2 reservations per restaurant. I was asking in case there are typically any special event/menu nights in the GDR that you would want to attend. I know we will take any nights available when we book, but since time and table size are not an issue for us I was just wondering what nights would be best. .

We usually go for the first night, right after the ship sails. Usually that night the MDR is chaotic and the food is subpar compared to the rest of the nights in the MDR. Not many people want to eat in the specialty restaurants the first evening so that's why we do.

Archived