Like... Jack in the Box - Packed in a Box LOL

Just figured out all my clothes to take for our Mediterranean cruise. We will be doing some landbased days beforehand too. For a total of around 3 weeks gone.

I was so excited when I saw that everything I am taking fit into this paper box. That means, my carryon will have room to spare. LOL AKA: Lots of mix and match.

I am not even planning on doing laundry or sending it out once on the ship. - I am on vacation.

After I wash them all, I guess I can start packing my carryon and sit and wait till we leave!! Still a month away, but time will fly by. Besides, I have very little free time till we leave. Bummer.

2885363820061404596S200x200Q85.jpg

I packed in a 24" and a carry on (checked), plus a smaller carry on and still had to send things out to be laundered/dry cleaned. Most things were sent out twice. I washed my own underwear and bras. We were gone 19 days.

You must have really tiny clothes :p

Roadtripster!

I don't believe it! Can you list what's in that box? Please? I mean 3 weeks is a LONG time. I am going on a 10 day-er in October and I'm already worried about how to fit everything in TWO suitcases!

You need to share your ability to do this!

Margie

Hi Jan!

I haven't even begun to pack or even think too much about it because our cruise isn't until October but if I were going on a THREE WEEK cruise I'd HAVE to do laundry. I mean 21 days = 21 panties, 7 bras (or more), 7 pair of shorts, 14 tops, 2-3 formals, 7 dressy dresses, workout clothes, 4 swimsuits, shoes, more shoes, 3 nighties/pjs, make-up, toiletries, etc.

THIS ISN'T GOING TO FIT IN A PAPER BOX!!!!!!!

What would YOU take Jan?

Sorry it took so long to get back here.

I have never checked luggage through on any trip I have taken. Well, except once when I hiked/camped the Grand Canyon and I couldn't carry on my camping/hiking equipement. Now that sucked. LOL

Remember, what my clothes situation is, is probably not the same for you. I am definitely low maintenance. LOL

First off, I always pack for half the amount of days gone. So this instance I packed for 10 days. I wear things at least twice.

4 capris

8 shirts

7 dresses (only wear dresses to dinner since it is only one single piece to pack)

(we do buffet and MDR)

1 jean skirt

1 swimsuit

1 tshirt

panties/bras

2 pairs of shoes (dressy and sandals - wearing walking shoes on the plane)

I know I will probably buy 1 or 2 pieces of clothes so I don't have to pack for those days.

Plus I wear the same outfit flying there and flying home so I don't pack that. Which is a top, sweater, capris and walking shoes.

My toiletries are very few. I collect the flat foil bags of shampoo etc... that come in magazines, of course all other travel size like deodorant, toothpaste, hair spray. My camera fits in my purse and so does my netbook.

I think that is about it.

Margie-- I can't imagine taking that much clothes. In fact, I don't think I own that many clothes. LOL

Hi Jan!

I haven't even begun to pack or even think too much about it because our cruise isn't until October but if I were going on a THREE WEEK cruise I'd HAVE to do laundry. I mean 21 days = 21 panties, 7 bras (or more), 7 pair of shorts, 14 tops, 2-3 formals, 7 dressy dresses, workout clothes, 4 swimsuits, shoes, more shoes, 3 nighties/pjs, make-up, toiletries, etc.

THIS ISN'T GOING TO FIT IN A PAPER BOX!!!!!!!

What would YOU take Jan?

my longest cruise so far is 2 weeks, another in dec but for the last i pretty much took panties and bras for 2 weeks--rinse out and febreeze

i wear some bottoms (skirts-pants) twice but not tops and usually not dresses---i am still an OVERPACKer by most standards; but i am more COMFORTABLE traveling with MORE than i NEED than less...but i have come a ways since my first cruise...i would NEVER wear anything twice--

and i took many EXTRAs--now days not so many but...

i still have to have choices and thats just me...i am hopin maybe to take a little less; but i always have a hard time LEAVING stuff at home....lol..

and i have to take more shoes than i probably should (not a SHOE person) but my feet swell and i have to be able to have some choices.....

the minute i book a cruise...i start packing in my head, then on paper...lately i been buying for my cruise (which i didnt really need to do-so more decisions--what stays home).....lol...

i have sent some things to the laundry--but i am pretty picky and last time it took DAYs to get our stuff back (problem with the Laundrymaster).

and i usually dont do SWIMSUITs, but i am thinking i might just have to have 1 or 2.....

my stuff could fit in a paper box........lol...a WARDROBE pack....lol....

I just couldn't do it. I always overpack. I know it's foolish, but it makes me more comfortable. But, if I were going away for 3 weeks (and not planning to do laundry), I would have to have at least 42 pairs of underwear (if not 63). :D

lol....me too but i wouldnt say its FOOLISH...there are still some of US out there that PACK...i do ADMIRE the ones that can PACK light tho; but i know i wont EVER be one of them...and thats OKAY;)

lol....me too but i wouldnt say its FOOLISH...there are still some of US out there that PACK...i do ADMIRE the ones that can PACK light tho; but i know i wont EVER be one of them...and thats OKAY;)

Never say never (or ever!) ;)

I don't see bag fees dropping, only rising. As it costs around $50 for a bag round trip, the second @ $70 round trip, that's a whole lot of money down the drain for dragging along extra clothing that won't be worn.

There is no reason a person can't look great every single day and evening while they pack light. It's all about smart choices and quality over quantity.

Brilliant! You're my new packing hero! I think it's economically AND environmentally wise to wear things twice (or more, depending on the article of clothing). Kudos also for paring down all of the toiletry-mania I see so much. I hope you have a great trip.

I've come a long way in taking less. But still an overpacker. I think it's because I tend to buy cute things, then can't bear to leave them home. LOL But the little knit tank tops take up very little space. Last year DH and I left the formal clothes at home, that helped. I won't do laundry on vacation. Sometimes we have had to send shirts out, but now I just throw in a few extra. The problem is, he and I keep having to buy bigger clothes! LOL Plus we had Halloween the last two years.

Hi Nancy (a.k.a. Roadtripster),

I would LOVE to be more like you. I tell myself that everytime I pack for any trip even to my Mom's house! But we went to Cancun a couple of years ago and I didn't take enough and felt like I was always wearing the same dirty capris!!

I'm looking for clothes that take up less space but I'm tall and so the clothes do take up more space! The luggage fees are driving my desire to be more like you and less like me!

Hi Nancy (a.k.a. Roadtripster),

I would LOVE to be more like you. I tell myself that everytime I pack for any trip even to my Mom's house! But we went to Cancun a couple of years ago and I didn't take enough and felt like I was always wearing the same dirty capris!!

I'm looking for clothes that take up less space but I'm tall and so the clothes do take up more space! The luggage fees are driving my desire to be more like you and less like me!

The fees are exactly why I only do carry on. Besides, waiting at the carousel. I can be out and to my transportation, beating the crowd while everyone is waiting for their luggage.

You should have seen us when we did an all inclusive resort - weeklong. They came to collect our luggage and they laughed and wondered where the rest was. LOL

I've come a long way in taking less. But still an overpacker. I think it's because I tend to buy cute things, then can't bear to leave them home.

oh YOU sound MUCH LIKE ME....i have ENOUGH for my cruise in dec but still have bought a few more things and i just told hubby...i NEED 3 weeks so i can WEAR all this CUTE stuff......lol....

Very impressive. I pack more than that going to the lake house for the week. I'm very thankful we will be driving to port when we leave for our cruise and don't have to worry about airlines and baggage.

Roadtripster, I admire people like you and would love to be able to pack the way you do. I am a very big overpacker.

In fact on our 1st cruise we had 4 large suitcases and a suit bag and 2 carry-ons each. This was for a 7 day cruise, and only for 2 of us.:eek:

I am hoping to be able to get everything packed into 2 large suitcases this time for 8 days. I know that we will have heavier clothes this time since we are cruising to Alaska but I am still trying very hard to keep the amount down.;)

today! 20 cruze days..4 land daze..48 articles of..dresses, skirts, capri/eve pants, camis/Tees, jackets, tops. 2 changes a day for 26 days. I'll repeat bottoms for eve 2x, and tops 2/3 x , shore clothes mix n match..in my 10# case- it all weighs 32#'s..just 5 pr shoes, 6 eve bags..underalls., My rolly will have the important stuff..face,very small continers or sample sizes, meds, jewelry, convienence items..My toilet things are in 2 small throw a way plastic bottles, mostly costume jewels in baggies, my usual ship "Stores" stuff, and 4 bottles of wine, and all drank b4 flying home. I did 22 days last year, no cruise, in a 26" case, and it was just perfect for me. I shall be ready to cross the pond (repo)in fashionable style. My day between cruises hotel has a laundry for the undie things...oh..all these clothes are micro, no wrinkle, quick dry, steam any worry out in the shower type wearables. Thats all I have bought since fall last year with this trip in mind, altho some of the evening things are on their 15th and 20th cruze (since Fall of '06) My rule is..if is dosent go with at least 3 other things..it stays home ! Taking Wrinkle Release too

My thing isn't that I can't pack for a 7-day cruise is a carryon and large totebag, it's that I don't want to!:D I love clothes, accessories, etc. I usually have a medium sized suitcase for myself, and the DH and DS share the large sized one. Then we have a small one with all our toiletries, snorkels and masks, and all the generic things that make cruising easy for us. We always book inside cabins so things like a pop-up hamper and shoe pocket thingy really help us keep our cabin neat and organized.:D

To each his own I say!:D Whatever works for you is the thing to do!:D

My thing isn't that I can't pack for a 7-day cruise is a carryon and large totebag, it's that I don't want to!:D I love clothes, accessories, etc.

To each his own I say!:D Whatever works for you is the thing to do!:D

oh i think this is me...i probably COULD pack i just dont choose to.....lol...

i just bought another dress for my cruise last night--with less than 9 months before my cruise--i gotta quit cruise shoppin.....lol...

Sorry it took so long to get back here.

I have never checked luggage through on any trip I have taken. Well, except once when I hiked/camped the Grand Canyon and I couldn't carry on my camping/hiking equipement. Now that sucked. LOL

Remember, what my clothes situation is, is probably not the same for you. I am definitely low maintenance. LOL

First off, I always pack for half the amount of days gone. So this instance I packed for 10 days. I wear things at least twice.

4 capris

8 shirts

7 dresses (only wear dresses to dinner since it is only one single piece to pack)

(we do buffet and MDR)

1 jean skirt

1 swimsuit

1 tshirt

panties/bras

2 pairs of shoes (dressy and sandals - wearing walking shoes on the plane)

I know I will probably buy 1 or 2 pieces of clothes so I don't have to pack for those days.

Plus I wear the same outfit flying there and flying home so I don't pack that. Which is a top, sweater, capris and walking shoes.

My toiletries are very few. I collect the flat foil bags of shampoo etc... that come in magazines, of course all other travel size like deodorant, toothpaste, hair spray. My camera fits in my purse and so does my netbook.

I think that is about it.

Margie-- I can't imagine taking that much clothes. In fact, I don't think I own that many clothes. LOL

Wow. I thought I was a light packer:eek::D

Archived