Venice Restaurants for group?

DadofLostBoys

I'll be interested to see what folks come up with for you. I had a group of fifteen in Venice a few years ago and it was very difficult to find a restaurant that could or would accommodate us. Our hotel spent about an hour making calls for us; they suggested we break up into several smaller groups, but we insisted on staying together. The only place they could find for us was less than stellar, I'm sorry to say. I wouldn't recommend it.

I'll be interested to see what folks come up with for you. I had a group of fifteen in Venice a few years ago and it was very difficult to find a restaurant that could or would accommodate us. Our hotel spent about an hour making calls for us; they suggested we break up into several smaller groups, but we insisted on staying together. The only place they could find for us was less than stellar, I'm sorry to say. I wouldn't recommend it.

It does seem that since "real estate" is a premium in the city, most establishments would be on a smaller scale.

I've came across two places that sound interesting, Ostaria al Vecio and Pozzo Birraria La Corte. Has anyone dined at either or know anything about them?

Grazie!

Last October I made a reservation for 10 people at Taverna San Trovaso. When I emailed to make the reservation we had a choice of either location—Taverna OR Ristorante. Looks like you will be there in July, so outdoor seating possible at the Ristorante http://www.tavernasantrovaso.it/

I think the key to finding a place for a large group is to make the reservation in advance. On another night, 12 of us arranged 3 gondolas with musicians to pick us at the apartment where most of us were staying and at the end of our gondola ride, drop us off at a restaurant for dinner. Again, dinner reservation was made before we left the US. This was a very wonderful night with friends in an off the beaten path restaurant. We dined at the San Stae location. It was recommended to us by the apartment booking agent and although I couldn’t find many reviews on it trusted her completely and glad we did. I think we were the only tourist there that night. Again, you could even ask for outdoor seating at this one. http://www.murovenezia.com/?#

I would eat at either place again in a heartbeat. Good prices and food at both. Good luck! Not for sure either of these places would book for 20-30, but worth checking out.

Archived