Gym/Fitness Facilities

Gatguy

Am anxious to hear back from other cruisers about the gym/fitness facilities on the Epic - being a PT, the facilties are always an interest for me. Keep me informed. Thanks - Bruce:)

Am anxious to hear back from other cruisers about the gym/fitness facilities on the Epic - being a PT, the facilties are always an interest for me. Keep me informed. Thanks - Bruce:)

i was wondering the same as i will be in the middle training for either the ny or philly marathon and need to get in a 12-14 run that week and would prefer to avod running in the heat and humidity outside. if i get into ny, i also intend to sign up for philly to run 2 in 14 days. last year, i ran 10 miles in bermuda in august. whew. it was brutal by 7 am. shoulda stayed onboard and used the tmill.

Francis, Well at least the equipment will be brand new. I have done some triathlons and a couple of dualthlons - the most I have runs as a race run is 10K. I am more into the swimming and biking than running. I usally do a HIT workout on the treadmill as part of my strength training. Best of luck with your runs!

You seem to have done quite a few trips with NCL - are they a pretty good cruise line. This is my first trip with them. - Bruce

i was wondering the same as i will be in the middle training for either the ny or philly marathon and need to get in a 12-14 run that week and would prefer to avod running in the heat and humidity outside. if i get into ny, i also intend to sign up for philly to run 2 in 14 days. last year, i ran 10 miles in bermuda in august. whew. it was brutal by 7 am. shoulda stayed onboard and used the tmill.

I enjoy running both outside and inside. It is interesting how spread out the fitness facilities will be on the Epic. Deck 17 = Sports Complex, Deck 14 = fitness center and Spa and a joging track on deck = 7 and I have not even mentioned the pool deck and the spa up in the Courtyard Villa complex. Should be interesting!

Francis, Well at least the equipment will be brand new. I have done some triathlons and a couple of dualthlons - the most I have runs as a race run is 10K. I am more into the swimming and biking than running. I usally do a HIT workout on the treadmill as part of my strength training. Best of luck with your runs!

You seem to have done quite a few trips with NCL - are they a pretty good cruise line. This is my first trip with them. - Bruce

we like ncl for a few reasons:

we are not huge fans of assigned seating. we had assigned seating for our disney cruise and we lucked out with a friendly family. but its hit or miss when you have assigned dinner.

we like being able to eat when we want to and not when the shp tells us. yes they now all have alternative dining options. however, they have limited options while ncl has multiple alternative dining options.

we like the automatic tipping charged to your cabin. we had to have cash left over for our disney cruise and that was a hassle. i know rcl will automatically charge your cabin the tips if we opt out of the assgned seating and eat at the alternative places before you even board the ship.

we like price vs value. rcl and disney are "better" cruise lines but a balcony cabin on rcl for the same cruise we are taking in late august was almost $700 more.

i would def sail disney again just for the private island and seriously consider rcl for my next cruise.

:eek:

Thanks old bean!! (had sort of worked that out!!;))

old bean old

ME?????

Old Bean

An affectionate form of address, usually used in a greeting and almost universally said by a man to another man.

Ah good to see you (optional insertion of person's name) old bean. How are you?

slang colloquialism squire chap old boy

by Douglas MacIntyre Jun 19, 2007 share this

When addressing an old friend, emphasising that you are pleased to see him.

It is absolutely neutral, and if anything a bit fuzzy warm.

Very Wodehousian.

Good to see you again, old bean!

Best of luck, old bean!

2) Aged part of any seedbearing plant in which the plant is unable produce offspring due to the elderlarity of the bean 3) Maniacs whom attack innocent villagers due to a loss of brain cells

The Old Bean was so elderly, and mentally insane, that he ravenged the poor children with his fluttering mustache.

Archived