my impressions of the Oasis

Yes, we used the decks at the end of the Boardwalk, but you will also have a great view of the ocean from where you are. There was never hardly anyone on those balconies, but there are a wonderful little "secret." There are chairs and loungers out there also. It's great if you don't feel like going alll the way down to the pool.

One more quick question... did you feel like it was a long walk to the elevators and restaraunts from your cabin? It does appear that would be the one downside to being that far Aft. I am assuming there aren't any stairs Aft. I am fine with lots of walking, better for all of the calories that I intend to consume, ;) aaaahh but my DH, not so much. :rolleyes: Thanks for all your insight!

The longest walk was actually the hallway from the cabin to the main area. Once there, everything did not seem that far away. And yes the exercise is good, I didn,t mind at. Let face it, your going to have to do some walking if you book on this ship... It's very big, lol

This trip on the new oasis was great, you wouldn't even know that you were on a ship,there was 8000.00 people on this ship 2000 was workers and you couldn't tell, really was beauitful, there was a lot of resturants and bars, didn't try everything was to busy trying everything else.

The show were very good you want to see everyone, the men did a bellyflop show that was funny, they showed them under water. We did a baloncy glad we did, when we pulled in the Bahamas you were right in front of the light house and the island was beauitful, you can see the atlantis from there, we stayed there all day and took lots of pictures.

We did the St Maarten tour for siteseeing, that was long because they took us shopping on the French which was the capital of Marigot and Dutch side they were divided in half north and south, no passport needed, it was going to a 3 hour tour ended up being a 6 hour tour it was interesing. St thomas tour took us to ST. Johns that was beauitful . The ship was easy to find everything but can get a little confuseing when you are in the middle of the ship and your on the wrong side of the ship to get to your room, but we figured it out before we got home. You don't want to forget to try the central park cafe it was a nice place and food was very good, try there roastbeef sandwishes. thoses of you who are planning to go on the oasis of the sea you won't be sorry.

We are going on the Oasis on April 24th. Could you please tell me which tour you took to St. John while in St. Thomas. Was it the tour through the cruise line or did you do this on your own. Could you please explain what the tour entailed. I am really confused as to what to do in St. Thomas because there will be four cruise ships in port that day. Thanks in advance for the information.

One more quick question... did you feel like it was a long walk to the elevators and restaraunts from your cabin? It does appear that would be the one downside to being that far Aft. I am assuming there aren't any stairs Aft. I am fine with lots of walking, better for all of the calories that I intend to consume, ;) aaaahh but my DH, not so much. :rolleyes: Thanks for all your insight!

Our cabin was the very last cabin aft and it was not a bad walk at all.

Thanks. I'm sure I'll need those directions on this giant. I usually stay kind of lost for the first 3 days...

it actually wasn't that bad..

there are 12 elevators at the forward location, 12 elevators at the rear.. plenty of elevators..

only a few things to remember:

1) Promenade is deck 5 between the elevators

2) "Entertainment" is deck 4 between the elevators

3) Central Park is deck 8 between the elevators

4) Boardwalk is deck 6 behind the AFT elevators..

Most areas can be gotten to quickly from either side, but if you want the Windjammer go to the rear.. if you want the Solarium go to the forward.. Boardwalk is only available from the rear..

I am an iced tea drinker and usually when I cruise I do not get any because it is usually horrible. Thanks

Their ice tea is regular brewed tea then iced. No sugar, no lemon flavour. You can mix in some lemonade.

Thanks for the "lemonade" input. Really looking forward to our May 8 sailing. Hooray!

Just saw your screen name, (sorry for being OT here, All) but I just had to ask, is "Lauderdale" your last name (actually you don't have to answer that) or do you use it because of the fact that you live in FLL? Just curious because my mother's maiden name is "Lauderdale" & her father & brother were/are both named Bob. I almost dropped my laptop when I saw your name:D. I just never really see "Lauderdale" anywhere but my family and, of course, Ft. Lauderdale.

Another thing....Hubby & I just happen to be on the same cruise as you...May 8, Oasis! Can't wait! A couple of coincidences here!!

Carol

Archived