Vancouver cruise term to airport??

mpdp

Hi can anyone tell me how far the VYR airport is from the RCCL cruise termina in Vancouver?

Does anyone know how much a taxi would be? I think that RCCL port is far from Canada Pl so Iam not sure if there is any shuttle... Thanks

Hi can anyone tell me how far the VYR airport is from the RCCL cruise termina in Vancouver?

Does anyone know how much a taxi would be? I think that RCCL port is far from Canada Pl so Iam not sure if there is any shuttle... Thanks

For 2010, RCCL is docking at Canada Place, not the old (Ballantyne) pier that they've used for the last few years. http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/about/cruiseandtourism/cruiselineschedules.aspx

To get to the airport from Canada Place, the subway is the fastest and cheapest method (not often you get that double). The "Waterfront Station" end is two blocks from Canada Place, and the cost is $3.75/ea. Lots of room on board for luggage, and if you can wheel your luggage (there are elevators and escalators), it's your best bet. map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=100934763039761071004.000467645fcda21dd87b2&ll=49.285471,-123.108201&spn=0.011099,0.033023&z=16

PS, it's YVR(Vancouver International Airport), not VYR

With the exception of NCL's Pearl (and only this fall) all of the cruise ships this year will use Canada Place. The Canada Line, our new rapid transit system will take you about 25 mins in actual travel time and will cost you $8.75 pp if traveling from YVR to Canada Place and $3.75 pp if doing it in reverse. A cab will take about 35 mins and will cost you about $35. To use the Canada Line...which is great, you must be able to handle all of your luggage on your own and have a reasonable degree of mobility....otherwise I would recommend a taxi.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, about 7% of Vancouver's taxi fleets are mini-vans so you will have no trouble there. Just let the starter at the cab line know what you need and he will have you step aside until a mini-van becomes available...at YVR that will only be minutes.

Archived