Valor Review March 7, 2010

apdchief

hi,

wife and I did our first cruise in february on splendor.

we really liked the dining options,lounges and entertaninment were good.

karaoke was a lot of fun,hopefully the others have karaoke also.

decor was a bit on the pink side but we could live with it.

more outdoor dining areas would have been nice but weather was too cool most of the time anyway.

we would like to try another cruise in september so we can have warmer weather and to the caribbean this time.

anyway,if we liked splendor would we probably like valor or freedom?

we are even considering a 5 day from new orleans on triumph.

we are just concerned about less to do and more crowded on a smaller ship.

I think you will like the Valor, not much different in size or passenger capacity compaired to the Splendor.

We never felt crowed, even on sea days.

hi,

wife and I did our first cruise in february on splendor.

we really liked the dining options,lounges and entertaninment were good.

karaoke was a lot of fun,hopefully the others have karaoke also.

decor was a bit on the pink side but we could live with it.

more outdoor dining areas would have been nice but weather was too cool most of the time anyway.

we would like to try another cruise in september so we can have warmer weather and to the caribbean this time.

anyway,if we liked splendor would we probably like valor or freedom?

we are even considering a 5 day from new orleans on triumph.

we are just concerned about less to do and more crowded on a smaller ship.

I'm assurming this means Larry must be gone? Was on the Valor in January and by the 3rd night the place was empty and Larry was entertaining himself! Very disappointing in my opinion as often the piano bar is a fun and happening place to hang out in! (until I can no longer take the smoke!;))

Nope. Larry was there last week. I believe he said he had three more weeks, than was ending his cruise run and moving to New York. I agree with your assesment. We went in there a couple of evenings. Didn't stay long the first night which was early in the week, but it was fairly crowded. Went back on Thursday evening, and there were fewer than a dozen people there. We also saw him playing in the Atrium a couple of times, and I was far from impressed.

Thank you for the wonderful review. We cruised on the Valor in 2008 and will be going again on April 25th. This time we will be joined by our grown children. I hope they enjoy it as much as we did the last time.

We am so excited. 16 days left

Nope. Larry was there last week. I believe he said he had three more weeks, than was ending his cruise run and moving to New York. I agree with your assesment. We went in there a couple of evenings. Didn't stay long the first night which was early in the week, but it was fairly crowded. Went back on Thursday evening, and there were fewer than a dozen people there. We also saw him playing in the Atrium a couple of times, and I was far from impressed.

Well at least he is ending his 'run' and hopefully they can get someone better in there!

Great review my wife and I are were looking at the Valor to take our 4 year old on later this year and were worried about what she would have to do but looks like that is not going to be a problem. Thanks.

Thanks for the great review! My son Aidan (he's 5) and I will be on the Valor on May 2nd and we are so excited to go. It would only be better if DH could be with us. Unfortunately, he couldn't get off work but he is sending us anyway as this is my birthday/mothers day gift this year! :D I loved your pictures, really gave me a sense of things to come. You've also help me make a choice about which excursion to do. We were going to do Alta Ha in Belize, but after seeing your pictures, I think we'll do a tour in Roatan instead. Aidan will love the iguana and monkey places much more than the Mayan ruins in Belize. Thanks! He's also looking forward to Camp Carnival. He loves it...drives his dad and I crazy when its closed asking every minute it seems "how much longer til kids club opens"? :rolleyes: Kids...ya gotta love em, right?;) Thanks again for your great review!

Finally a valor review. I was going through valor review withdrawl:D:p

Nice review so far anxiously awaiting the rest.

Looking at a cruise for April 2011 - both ships going to same ports. Have been on the Glory, but not since she was refurbished. Just wondering if someone has been on both and can give a recommendation. Sure both will be great, but I tend to stick to what I know - so trying to go outside my box. Thanks for any recommendations.

Loved your picture of your daughter with the parrott and the iguana. We have one just like it of our granddaughter in Cozumel. She (6) and sister (2) at the time, loved the dolphin encounter. We took the whole family for a new yrs cruise on the Conquest visiting Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I liked her comment on the plane. We flew the family to Cabo last Sept. for son's wedding. Same granddaughter was 3 now and first time to fly. As we are going down the runway for take-off she all of a sudden says, "ok everybody one two three blast-off". I don't think a lot of the passengers enjoyed but the ones around us thought it was funny and laughed. Love traveling with grandchildren.!!

• 2 weeks later...

Great review!! Look like you had a fantastic time on the boat.

Me and my husband are booked to go on the Valor on 10th October this year - we are so excited.

Went on Royal Caribbean's Liberty Of The Seas to the Western Caribbean last year, trying the same destination with Carnival, and it looks fantastic, we are so excited!!! :)

All of the port stops look absolutely beautiful - heaps to look forward to!

• 3 months later...
Few more pics from Roatan

Me, Brianna, Unis and Rony

Jon and Marion at the dock.

P3100128.jpg?t=1268937731

The Beach at Mahogony Bay

Lovely review & photos!

Question: What is the difference between the yellow and blue loungers at Mahogany Bay? Are the yellow ones for Platinum guests or do you have to pay for them or something?

• 1 month later...

Archived