WI-FI Minutes Packages

You can do it on the very slow, qwerky in room TV system. Be prepared to spend $30.00 per hr for very slow service.

r0n

I will be traveling with my family on the Oasis during the week of April 3rd. Where and when do you sign up for the minutes plans for a laptop computer? :confused:

You can do it on the very slow, qwerky in room TV system. Be prepared to spend $30.00 per hr for very slow service.

r0n

Or, bring your laptop and it is MUCH faster.

The rate is 55 cents per minute, but you purchase discounted packages. The cheapest discounted rate is about 38 cents per minute ($55).

Either way, you purchase it from your room.

I guess we have different laptops, then...mine was just dandy. Not as fast as a cable modem, but about 75% as fast as normal wireless internet, and DEFINITELY faster than anything I've ever had on a ship before.

I agree. For the tech minded, I was getting around 5000 Kbs downloads and 1000 Kbs uploads most of the time.

I was shocked considering other ships I have been on I thought they were using carrier pigeons :)

Good article on the bandwidth they needed for the inaugural voyage:

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/MTN_Supplies_Satellite_Communications_System_For_Oasis_Of_The_Seas_999.html

Archived