Fog - Conquest

philphi

We booked a spring break cruise leaving 3/28 because it was closer, but now I keep hearing about this fog issue in Galveston and am getting worried! Is this a constant thing with Galveston or hit or miss? I am starting to think that I should have booked out of Florida. What are others Thoughts?

:confused:

We have sailed many times out of Galveston. Only twice have we had delays due to fog. It is truly a hit or miss thing.

We drive down from Dallas and always arrive a day early.

Most of the fog delays have been for a few hours. These delays add stress to the boarding schedules but you will get on the ship and have a great vacation.

Other ports have weather delays also, not just Galveston.

Enjoy your cruise...

Thanks, I just read about carnival passangers roaming the streets with their luggage looking for hotel rooms because the ship couldnt come in becuse of the fog, and missed ports etc. and I was thinking what a mistake I made.

We've cruised out of Galveston the last 3 years in a row and twice had fog:eek:. First time our departure was delayed and last month we were very late getting back in, 2:00 pm. So it does happen, just don't let it ruin your cruise:)

We've cruised out of Galveston the last 3 years in a row and twice had fog:eek:. First time our departure was delayed and last month we were very late getting back in, 2:00 pm. So it does happen, just don't let it ruin your cruise:)

What luck!

Please, do not cruise with me.

Fog is usually a problem during the colder months. It's starting to warm up here so I don't think you should have a problem.

We were delayed on the Conquest in Feb 08 but managed to slip out in time to make all the ports.

Don't worry about too many Texans. Very nice. Even the transplants from Chicago, like me.:D

We were on the same cruise as SoonerOne last month. I'm a webcam watcher, so I knew about the possibility of fog and late arrivals/departures. What's interesting is that we've done four cruises from New York to Canada and fog is a regular event on those cruises - but we've docked in Saint John and Halifax in dense fog with no problem. One time we didn't even know we were docking until the thrusters kicked in. I assume Galveston's different because of the heavy traffic in and out of the channel.

Archived