No Room Steward Wanted

LeeKay

On shore days like departure day, I've seen them open three or four cabins at once and sometimes with an assitant clean them together (do all the bathrooms, then towels, sheets, etc.). That's usually when curious paxs get a look inside to see the layout of different cabins. If someone was paying attention to the sequence they could go in your cabin briefly without the steward there. So keep stuff locked up.

Also because the steward wants to turn the cabins over fast on departure day they will probably insist on cleaning it the day before.

Do you get your meals from the kitchen by yourselves when in a restuarant and clean your own table?Do you examine yourself at the doctors?Makes about as much sense as not letting the stewards do their jobs!

you go to a restaurant to have someone prepare the food for you.

you go to the Dr. because he is the one with the smarts to tell you what may or may not be wrong with you.

I don't think anyone cruises for a few days with the whole idea to have someone make the bed for them.

I don't think the issue here at all is 'let the stewards do their job'. I think the main issue is, let the consumer have what it requests as in my opinion-this is not an out of the question request.

Do you get your meals from the kitchen by yourselves when in a restuarant and clean your own table?Do you examine yourself at the doctors?Makes about as much sense as not letting the stewards do their jobs!

No, but I do tend to clean up the table, by neatly stacking our plates, utensils, paperware, etc. And wipe up the crumbs, etc.

I guess I have issues with people 'helping' me. Does that mean I shouldn't be able to enjoy a cruise 'my way'? I don't think so. It doesn't have to make sense.

Rachel

We are going on Majesty in June and we would prefer that no one came into our room during are cruise. We are somewhat paranoid about strangers in our room while we are out. I know that is the room stewards job and I'm sure 99% of them are honest hard working people. How would we go about this and would we be hurting anyones feelings by doing this?

No dog in this argument, *however* the cruise we just took in FEB was our first ... and I am not overly mobile, so I did not book any excursions for myself, and let Rob go ashore all 4 ports to wander around without me [scoping out accessibility for me for next year :)]

I would say that every port day I hung out in the room on the balcony and our steward came in and cleaned the cabin. It didn't seem to bother him to have me there. It might be an option for you to be there when he/she is in cleaning. They are very quick and unobtrusive, and you could be enjoying quiet time and a fruity drink on the balcony with a book. Win win situation, they get to service the cabin and they are not in the cabin when it is empty. [i noticed that they hit the cabin at pretty much the same time every day - my cabin got cleaned at 11-1130, and turndown was just about when we were getting out the door to the MDR for the second seating.]

No dog in this argument, *however* the cruise we just took in FEB was our first ... and I am not overly mobile, so I did not book any excursions for myself, and let Rob go ashore all 4 ports to wander around without me [scoping out accessibility for me for next year :)]

I would say that every port day I hung out in the room on the balcony and our steward came in and cleaned the cabin. It didn't seem to bother him to have me there. It might be an option for you to be there when he/she is in cleaning. They are very quick and unobtrusive, and you could be enjoying quiet time and a fruity drink on the balcony with a book. Win win situation, they get to service the cabin and they are not in the cabin when it is empty. [i noticed that they hit the cabin at pretty much the same time every day - my cabin got cleaned at 11-1130, and turndown was just about when we were getting out the door to the MDR for the second seating.]

That is fine when one has a balcony...if you don't - it might be a bit too crowded, agreed ;)

###

Archived