Rhapsody - Pre Ordering Wine Packages?

dea71

We are booked on Rhapsody again for November 2010 - cannot wait!

Last time we didn't purchase the wine package but we are looking at it for this trip. I am just wondering if pre ordering and paying for the wine package is a good idea - is it subjected to the same exchange rate that results in us paying extra for our gratuities - an extra $200 for our 12 night cruise:confused:??

Would we be better off waiting until we board and paying with our US dollars (which we have just started squirrelling away!!:p)

Prices are not available through my booking yet but have managed to find US prices - anyone with an earlier booking able to check what the prices are through Royal Carribean Australia site??

Thanks!

Dea:)

We are booked on Rhapsody again for November 2010 - cannot wait!

Last time we didn't purchase the wine package but we are looking at it for this trip. I am just wondering if pre ordering and paying for the wine package is a good idea - is it subjected to the same exchange rate that results in us paying extra for our gratuities - an extra $200 for our 12 night cruise:confused:??

Would we be better off waiting until we board and paying with our US dollars (which we have just started squirrelling away!!:p)

Prices are not available through my booking yet but have managed to find US prices - anyone with an earlier booking able to check what the prices are through Royal Carribean Australia site??

Thanks!

Dea:)

While ever the exhange rate is high then it is yes to both questions Dea - we waited until we were on board and paid $70 or $80 less than our dining companions, who pre-purchased on line. So much better to buy the package on board ... there is also a Aus-NZ wine package on offer on board that is not available for pre-ordering.

Cheers

Bob

I am on the Rhapsody right now and bought my wine package off our drink waiter in the MDR on the second night. They have the standard RCL package available for the same price as buying on-line and if you ask them they also have an Aussie Wine package (of Australian wine) available. Its a good selection of Oz and NZ wines and the 7 bottle package costs US173 plus 15%. Am enjoying it and the cruise, it really is a beautiful ship :)

I am on the Rhapsody right now and bought my wine package off our drink waiter in the MDR on the second night. They have the standard RCL package available for the same price as buying on-line and if you ask them they also have an Aussie Wine package (of Australian wine) available. Its a good selection of Oz and NZ wines and the 7 bottle package costs US173 plus 15%. Am enjoying it and the cruise, it really is a beautiful ship :)

Hi Brad,

So glad to hear you're enjoying the ship, and the wine.;)

One of the crew we know on board called us this morning from Burnie, sounds as if all is well with Rhapsody including the weather.

She is a beautiful ship. Cheers!!

Jillybean:)

Hello all familar faces : )

Dea you lucky thing you :) just to confuse you a little we purchased a gold package of 5 bottles precruise and I just looked it up it cost us $144AUD incl taxes etc which we thought was a good deal as the exchange rate was around $0.90-$0.92 (sorry I can't remember exactly) we did purchase fairly late October - Bob I am wondering whether your tablemates maybe purchased when the dollar had dipped a little prior to departure - because when we were onboard we were pleased with the price we paid:confused: Neil whilst not a wine snob likes a nice drop and was well pleased with the wines on offer!

Brad - wonderful to hear your enjoying yourself - more details please!!!!!!!!!!

Jane

We left Burnie about 3 hours ago, and I still have a vodaphone signal! Who would have thought. :p Last night I had a few Rusty Nails (drambuie and scotch) Unfortunately barman Dave has a heavy hand and each drink nearly filled the glass (with no water or coke in it!!!!) So today was not my best morning... that along with the Burnie tour and no breakfast or lunch made for an interesting day till the Solarium Cafe opened for pizza at 3 minutes past 3.

Well it's time for dinner now, not sure if I will have wine tonight or not, still off colour

We left Burnie about 3 hours ago, and I still have a vodaphone signal! Who would have thought. :p Last night I had a few Rusty Nails (drambuie and scotch) Unfortunately barman Dave has a heavy hand and each drink nearly filled the glass (with no water or coke in it!!!!) So today was not my best morning... that along with the Burnie tour and no breakfast or lunch made for an interesting day till the Solarium Cafe opened for pizza at 3 minutes past 3.

Well it's time for dinner now, not sure if I will have wine tonight or not, still off colour

You should have had a Bloody Mary this morning!! :p Tomorrow is another day...;)

Jillybean:)

Hi Dea

How lovely to see familiar names responding to your query - hello to you all!!!

We purchased the Gold 7 bottle wine package for $198.05 a few days before the cruise. The price was comparable to buying on board but I liked the idea that it was already paid for, so didn't count to our on board budget!!

Initially I was disappointed once we were on board that we hadn't been able to buy the Australian package but then decided it was nice trying different wines that we were not familiar with. If you don't know they are cheap overseas wines they taste much better than knowing you are drinking cheap Australian wines!!:rolleyes::D

I guess it will all depend on the prices and the exchange rate much closer to departure.

Brad, it's great to hear you are enjoying Rhapsody as much as we all did!!

Lesley :)

Archived