What did you do because of Carnival's upcoming price increase.....

wasiii

What did Carnival's price increase make you do?  

356 members have voted

1. 1. What did Carnival's price increase make you do?

• I was going to book no matter what; I just did it a little sooner.
    • I am going to book but I’ll do it when I want to.
    • I wasn’t going to book but I can’t resist a sale.
    • I wasn’t going to book and I’m still not.
    • I’m not answering because this is a useless poll.
    • Other.

.....just wondering what people did because of it.

I was going to book anyway, this just made me do it a little faster.

:D

wasiii

PS and if you pick "Other", maybe you can tell us what it was?

Personally, I don't participate in any of these polls... I'd rather just express my opinion so here's my opinion.

In the vast majority of the cases even with the projected price bumps for the summer Carnival will STILL be the best value for the dollar in the vacation industry.

So, guess what I'm gonna do?

:)

I don't cruise in summer and had my cruises through 2011 already booked so I didn't book a new cruise due to any pending price increase.

The only thing I did was post that I thought the countdown clock on their homepage was overkill! ;)

Booked an AI in Jamaica mon!

Got a great deal at a well known AI resort jumped on it! Carnival can have it's price increases and gouge you all they want. If you do some research you can get great deals at AI's right now and not worry about 6 dollar beers etc!

I was going to book, but I was waiting to see how things would go in my life... not financially, there are some health issues with a family member who would not be travelling with us.

Watching the countdown to price increases on the CCL websites prompted me to book now. I am researching insurance on insuremytripdotcom, and hoping for the best.

PS and if you pick "Other", maybe you can tell us what it was?

Cruising during the summer was not going to happen for me. I booked with the Liberty Looneys for their January cruise in the Western Caribbean on the Liberty. I don't know if the price increase will effect winter cruises, but I did notice over the past couple of days that Carnival's advertised ES rate for this particular cruise went up $20pp. I believe the Looney's rate is locked in... but don't quote me on that, I'm not sure.

BTW, very good poll with proper choices. You should give our resident poll comedian Steaveaaaaa a tutorial. ;)

I was looking at the Pride for next summer..but cannot book right now..if the prices go up I will compare and book on Norwegian or Royal. I see Norwegian has some really good prices right now for what I am looking for

Basically I will go the cheapest route. All 3 lines are nice and I know I wont have a "bad" cruise on any of them, though I favor Carnival I will cruise the line that gives me the best deal.

I NEVER book for the summer, too many kids:) Aside from that, I've been watching prices for November and watched as the ES price disappeared:(, so I booked the Fun Select. Didn't want to take a chance on the price going up too much.

Yesterday I booked the Triumph for this upcoming September. Booking now had nothing to with the prices increases. My PVP let me know about a couple of unannounced prices specials for a couple of Triumph cruises and I jumped on one of them. ES rate, $200 lower than the posted prices on Carnivals web site or anywhere else. Got the cabin I wanted at a great price. Someone mentioned not sailing on Carnival because of price gouging. I don't see that at all. I don't call a five day cruise for less than $65 a day for a solo gouging. Carnival still has the best bang for the buck of any main stream cruise line.

personally, i don't participate in any of these polls... I'd rather just express my opinion so here's my opinion.

in the vast majority of the cases even with the projected price bumps for the summer carnival will still be the best value for the dollar in the vacation industry.

so, guess what i'm gonna do?

:)

ditto!!!!!!!:d:d:d

I am looking at two other cruise lines besides Carnival although normally I would only look at the ones from Carnival. The funny thing is this has pushed me to look at other options. Now for my 2 cruises this year I will book with Carnival for one but not the other. The other cruise is not cheaper than Carnival but I would not even bothered to consider it before.

My understanding is that the price increase is only effecting the peak season. (summer months) So it shouldn't effect me and my family because we always book in the off season, September being the most economical month, not only for cruises but theme parks, rental cars, flights, hotels and condos. I already booked one for this September, this October and next September so I'm not effected. :D

The other benefit is the crowds are much smaller, kids are back in school and the summer hustle and bustle has died down. If you are planning on spending part of your vacation on land visiting places like Disneyworld, Universal Studios or Busch Gardens and the like, you won't be dealing with anywhere near as big of crowds. :cool:

Even with the price increases (yep, they've already bumped the price on my Sept. "Legend" cruise) the price is still much better than most of the other lines, except perhaps NCL. (I just don't care too much for NCL because of the "anytime dining" thingie.) I did book a bit earlier than I normally do, but it's no big deal,,,,I always cruise at about the same time each year anyway. Have the Sept., and a November cruise booked already.

"SKY"

I guess I'm an other. We booked a few weeks ago but it had nothing do to with the increase that is just when we realized we could afford the kids 2.5 weeks vacation in FL and a cruise this year. Until then we didn't figure we could afford a cruise for the 2 of us also.

Increase or no increase we would have booked or not.

I normally don't participate in these polls because the options are usually silly and just don't fit our situation. However, this time I did -- I was seriously thinking of booking a Carnival cruise to Alaska this summer, mainly cause it sailed out of Seattle, and this was an opportunity to experience Seattle and Alaska (a years-long curiosity) at the same time. With talk of price increases, I took another hard look -- and booked, sooner than I originally expected to. I doubt I actually "saved" much, but the pending price increases caused me to make a decision about something I was already seriously considering. Whether we're saving or not, we'll be back on the Spirit, a ship we all loved two years ago, and see places we've wanted to see for a long time. We're very excited!:D

We cruised in January and already had our May cruise booked when this announcement came out.

We had 5 more planned for 2010....so we booked 3 of them before the increase ...

the other 2 are just penciled in at this time....

I already had my 3 for this year booked before the announcement. One, I leave on tomorrow:D, One in August that has already gone up $400 and one for New Years which has gone up $50..

We wont go anymore this year. In 2011 we will just wait til after final payments to book. We arent picky about cabins and every cruise weve done in the last year or so has dropped after final payment so we can wait..

Archived