Colon shopping at the pier?

SMSACE6

I asked on another thread, but got no response. I have heard that it is not wise to wander alone far from the ship in Colon, and I am certainly cautious. I cant afford to do a tour in all my ports, and dont think I am interested in seeing the canal. My question is; what kind of shopping is available at the peir in Colon? I get the feeling that there is not much, but would like to get off the ship all the same. Any suggestions are appreciated.:)

I asked on another thread, but got no response. I have heard that it is not wise to wander alone far from the ship in Colon, and I am certainly cautious. I cant afford to do a tour in all my ports, and dont think I am interested in seeing the canal. My question is; what kind of shopping is available at the peir in Colon? I get the feeling that there is not much, but would like to get off the ship all the same. Any suggestions are appreciated.:)[/quote

Most of the store space at the pier is still vacant save for a couple of eating places and a couple of small jewelry stores, really not much although the building is nice from the outside.

My wife and I got home from our Freedom cruise yesterday. There is a nice shopping area across from where the ship docks. Now I am not saying I would do alot of walking around on my our own, but doing the shopping across the street was perfectly fine. Any other walking around i would be cautious however I think if you are doing that, you will be ok

Is that where the local grocery store is located? outside peir but just across the street? I'll be there in May and figured I'd get in a bit of shopping if I get back from my tour in time to do so.

Thanks for the specifics.

Archived