Specific question about Celebrity kids club on port days

Scrapchick

I've seen some of these threads get very nasty whenever this subject comes up so I'd really appreciate it if we could stay on topic...

We are taking a Baltic cruise in July on the Celebrity Eclipse with our 9 year old DD. She often prefers (her choice...) to remain on the ship in the kids club. We will be in St Petersburg for 2 days and as much as I would like her to come and see some sights with us, I know she will pretty miserable on a long tour and will want the option of staying on the ship.

We have taken many cruises with her and I am comfortable with the kids club looking after her on port days. I am not looking for criticism about that...

I am posting for information from people who have been to the Baltics on Celebrity (or other lines) because I have been told by Celebrity that they will not be providing ANY port day supervision in any ports, especially St Petersburg, and that all their kids clubs are closed on port days.

We have cruised extensively and I have never found this on any ship we've ever been on, including Celebrity. It's been about five years since we sailed with them but we thought they had great facilities, well trained staff and were extremely flexible in their hours and services.

We are going on the Equinox in the Caribbean in a week and I intend to ask about this then but I wanted to ask if anyone has experienced this on Celebrity before, as both my TA and I are having a very hard time believing this is true. It seems such a strange policy for a cruise line that is actively courting families and boasts about its amazing kids facilities...

No, did not see that... Exactly what I am trying to find out.. Thank you! The whole thread was very interesting.

Edited to say I had read the first part of the thread but not the last few posts, including yours.... Thanks for what you said. I am extremely curious to know how it is going to go. Two whole days in St Petersburg with a reluctant child would not be fun for anyone. I hope she'll come off with us, but if she doesn't I need to know I have options, like on every other cruise I've ever been on (and there have been a few!)

Archived