Fish Fry - Naussau

cuyahoga11

NKG, I checked out the link in the post just before yours (thanks Sargent), and found the following under Casual Dining:

"Diners who prefer a very casual dining experience may be interested in the small local restaurants (fish fry) that have a somewhat limited menu. That option is a great opportunity to sample the most authentic local fare. A meal consisting of appetizers, the main course, dessert and drinks should cost an average of USD$25.00 per person."

Patty in Houston

Can anyone give an idea of the price range ? Thanks !!

When we were there we ordered conch salad, cracked conch and some other kind of fish. If I remember right, they cost around $8-10. Drinks were about normal for a restaurant. They had a kind of Kalik that you can't get in the States - it had a higher alcohol content. I think it was Kalik Silver or something like that.

Wife and I probably spent about $20 for a light evening snack for a huge plate of fried calimari. Wasn't too bad, but we just sorta picked a spot. Couldn't tell you which one it was off hand...

Definitely a good deal compared to anything within 1/2 mile from the Wharf.

I'd probably hop the Jitney for $1.25 pp each way.

When we were there we ordered conch salad, cracked conch and some other kind of fish. If I remember right, they cost around $8-10. Drinks were about normal for a restaurant. They had a kind of Kalik that you can't get in the States - it had a higher alcohol content. I think it was Kalik Silver or something like that.

That would be Kalik GOLD. I bring a case home each time we go to the Bahamas. 7% alcohol. About 5 of them ( with a slice of lime)and you are toast. My friend calls it Jim Beam in a beer bottle!

Archived